A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Groups > Professional Groups > Book Group: Already Ready: Nurturing Writers in PreK & K

Old 07-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Fanatic

Washington
Early Childhood Teacher
The oral presentation of the child's work

I see that in the beginning of the process of learning how to compose and therefore how to use the inventive spelling to convey meaning, that the authors feel it is an acceptable approximation for the children to read it differently each time. Both the wholely new reads (as if the child has just seen it anew) and the changes that fit with the meaning of the book but aren't the exact same rendition that was heard previously.

My question is-how would one document the narration if it is also evolving? If you were to tape the read, place the book in the book in the reading center and then listen the following week and tape they could be different. Which tape would one use? Would taping be a good solution in that case or would it prevent you as the teacher from seeing the changes in the art of composition the child was making?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Newcomer

i agree with you,i like this forum

Tags
child, oral, presentation, work