A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Other Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Click here for more info.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Rookie

New Jersey
1st Grade Teacher
Red face Help with NYSTCE Students with Disabilities test

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone taken the NYSTCE Students with Disabilities exam. I'm in the process of preparing for the exam. I 'm looking for people to share their thoughts on study guides or other materials that have helped them aced the exam.

Has anyone used the NYSTCE Students with Disabilities (060) Test Flashcard system by NMTA Exam Secrets Test Prep Team. Was it helpful.

Thanks!!!

Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
I got a few test prep books and just read over the information in each section. There's really so much that can be covered so I didn't worry about memorizing anything specific. I started studying about 3 months before the exam and did fine.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Rookie

New Jersey
1st Grade Teacher
Hi TeacherNY,

What are the names of the test prep books that you have used for the exam.

Thanks!!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
I will look them up and get back to you.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:55 AM
Rookie

New Jersey
1st Grade Teacher
TeacherNY,

Please look for the title and author of the books. I truly appreciate your help.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Bear in mind, teach28, that one doesn't need to ACE the test: one merely needs to PASS it. NYSTCE exams are scored on a scale from 100 to 300, and a passing score is 220.

How are you generally as a test taker, and how well versed are you already in special education?
Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Newcomer

Queens, NY
Various
Hey, teach28. I worked with the guys at JBB Test Prep for preparation for the special ed test. They approach the test STRATEGICALLY, which was a much better use of my time since I could study the content stuff on my own. They give you a work book, grade an essay, AND give you a quick reference guide. The only other option really is the XAM book which in new condition was approaching almost half the price of JBB, with no live instruction of course. I got a 270 on the exam. Hey - it worked for me!

You can google JBB Test Prep and it comes up.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Rookie

New Jersey
1st Grade Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGroupie View Post
Bear in mind, teach28, that one doesn't need to ACE the test: one merely needs to PASS it. NYSTCE exams are scored on a scale from 100 to 300, and a passing score is 220.

How are you generally as a test taker, and how well versed are you already in special education?
TeacherGroupie,

Thanks for the information. I don't test well and I am quite knowledgeable in special education.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Rookie

New Jersey
1st Grade Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister NYC View Post
Hey, teach28. I worked with the guys at JBB Test Prep for preparation for the special ed test. They approach the test STRATEGICALLY, which was a much better use of my time since I could study the content stuff on my own. They give you a work book, grade an essay, AND give you a quick reference guide. The only other option really is the XAM book which in new condition was approaching almost half the price of JBB, with no live instruction of course. I got a 270 on the exam. Hey - it worked for me!

You can google JBB Test Prep and it comes up.
Hello Magister NYC,

I will look into JBB Test Prep. Thanks for the information and I greatly appreciate your help.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
My apologies, teach28: I've been a little booked.

Here's a strategy that helps a lot of people who are in your situation: Try imagining, during the test, that you've been asked the question by your very favorite colleague who doesn't know special education very well - and really visualize that person asking you. Then answer accordingly.

Tags
disabilities, nystce, students, test