A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > First Grade

Old 09-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Novice

Texas
1st Grade Teacher
Here are some pictures of my first grade classroom!

Computer Center

Word Wall

Calendar Time

Classroom Library

Listening Center

Literacy/Math Stations

Old 09-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Novice

Texas
1st Grade Teacher
Well when I previewed my post, I saw the whole picture. It seems to have cut the size of my pictures so you don't get the full effect! Sorry
Old 02-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Newcomer

nm
1st Grade Teacher
I am wanting to change my classroom set-up and came accross yours. Everything looks so organized which I just can't seem to do right now especially at this time of year. I love it! I was jsut wondering how do you use the tent area and I was wondering how you organize the mail center, like who writes,when and how do they choose who to write to?
Old 06-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Novice

I was looking for some first grade classroom pictures, because I want to change the way my classroom is set-up for the new school year, and I came across your classroom. I absolutely love how organized it is. Thank You for sharing the pics.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
Funny how OLD posts are popping up this weekend...there's also one about 'offices' from 2007! Guess now that school is over, we can't stop but start planning for September! I just finished school Thursday- the summer will go fast! Love the photos.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Newcomer

California
College prep 1st grader class pics

Here's my college prep class. I'm not sure how to post a pic link...but here's the folder they are in. (Note I don't have the privi to post regular links yet. So use your imagination with the link address.)

educatorsbox dot com (slash) firstclass
Old 09-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Companion

New Jersey
1st Grade Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSophie View Post
AlliBob, do you use Opencourt? If so, I was always told to have the picture part toward the wall when I started the year & flip them as the sound is reviewed/introduced. (I teach 1st grade) I'd love to know how having them all flipped already works!

I love the fish themed reading area. Where did you get those rugs?
I use Open Court and start the year with all the cards flipped already. Every single morning, from the first to last day, we say our little chants for each card while I use a pointer to point to each card- "Calling lamb, calling lamb, /a/ /a/ /a/, bouncing ball, bouncing ball, /b/ /b/ /b/...". It only takes a couple minutes each day, and it seems to really help the kids recall the sounds quickly when blending new words. All of the 1st grade teachers in my school do this. It's part of our morning routine!

(For the first few days you'll have to model it, but they catch on pretty quickly, especially since they've learned many of the cards already. This also helps when you formally introduce new sounds like the digraphs and diphthongs... they've been making the sound every morning already since the first day of school!)
Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Novice

Vancouver, BC
Kindergarten/Gr.1 Teacher
WOW! Just got my assignment for next year... a Half-day K/Full-Day Grade 1. I have spent many days trying to wrap my head around it all (eventhough this year's not even done!....close!)and was trying to picture my classroom setup for next year. All the photo postings and suggestions were a HUGE help! Thank you all!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Companion

New York
1st Grade Teacher
I never realized that there was a space started just for first grade. Here is a link to my classroom pictures from the beginning of the year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37522708@N03/?saved=1

Tags
classroom, grade, photo