A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Other Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Click here for more info.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Rookie

Texas
Pre-K-4th Grade Bilingual
ec-4

Are you teaching in an EC-4 bilingual classroom now? I took the last TOPT exam this past May and got my score back this June. I'm going to take the Generalist EC-4 today and the Bilingual Supplemental in August because nobody's hiring me. I already passed the Spanish exam and sent my resume to more 20 school districts and I also attended job fairs in San Antonio and Houston like 3 weeks ago but I can't even secure a teaching position. I'm starting to doubt whether or not this whole bilingual/ Spanish teachers shortage is real.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Newcomer

Hi. I am looking for advice about the Spanish excet test. I think I am just psyching myself out and I am extremely nervous right now. Test is set for this coming Saturday. HELP!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Newcomer

Texas
TOPT

Does anyone have the Spanish TOPT Study Guide from Amazon that you would like to sell me?
Old 02-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Newcomer

TX
student
I was wondering if there was another person in the room when yall were taking yalls TOPT test? Because there was a girl in mine the whole entire time and she made me so nervous. Also, this other girl that works there at the testing center walked in and interrupted my test and made me even more nervous. I feel as if I couldnt and I didnt express myself enough during that test.

Also, I repeated myself alot. Of those who already passed the Test, did yall repeat yallselfs.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Newcomer

TX
student
I walked out of that test saying.... "This was horrible!" I thought it was really tough.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Newcomer

Texas
I just took the test yesterday. Yes... there was a proctor in the room. She was very quiet and sat far away. The test was VERY difficult and I can speak "conversation spanish". I froze up and went blank. I do not do well when asked to speak or think fast and on demand. The time limits are inappropriate. I am looking forward to my results because they give you feedback on the area that you are weak in. I will be retaking it in July. The study guide I bought from Amazon was exactly the types of questions that will be on the test. So I recommend purchasing it.

Hang in there everyone... we can do it!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Newcomer

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr872524 View Post
I was wondering if there was another person in the room when yall were taking yalls TOPT test? Because there was a girl in mine the whole entire time and she made me so nervous. Also, this other girl that works there at the testing center walked in and interrupted my test and made me even more nervous. I feel as if I couldnt and I didnt express myself enough during that test.

Also, I repeated myself alot. Of those who already passed the Test, did yall repeat yallselfs.

It was inappropriate for someone to walk in the room and distract you. If you do not pass... I would call the testing dept. that administers the test and let them know how the distractions of people walking in and out was not aceptable and you would like to retake it for free. Be firm but polite. Submit a formal complaint if necessary. Also, they have certain guidelines they have to follow and you can complain to TEA about the testing company.

Good Luck!!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Rookie

Texas
1st Grade Teacher
Is anyone taking the topt this july 10th?!@
Old 06-28-2010, 06:30 AM
Novice

TEXAS
Student Teacher
Wink TOPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr872524 View Post

I was very nervous too, but I passed. Dont worry if you dont pass it the first time, you shouldn't have any problems by the 2nd. I rambled on and on until I just got tired of talking, all you can do is your best. I know how you feel but you will do great!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Rookie

Texas
1st Grade Teacher
How have you prepared recently that is different than how you prepared for the last test? Do you feel better about taking it in July?

I'll be taking the test in July and have a little anxiety. The book you talked about, is it by Vicente and copyright in 1997? or is there a more recent publication of it?

Tags
spanish, topt