A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Secondary Education

Old 07-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Companion

midwest
English I, II, III, IV
"The Man Who Had No Eyes" short story

Does anyone have the short story "The Man Who Had No Eyes" by MacKinlay Kantor that could be reproduced. I would love to get a hold of a copy of this story.

Thank you.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Companion

midwest
English I, II, III, IV
I found the story...thanks. It took me awhile, but I've already reprinted it. Great story BTW for anyone who might be interested.

It's about two men, one of them is blind, dresses like a beggar fit with a cane who approached another man who is well-dressed and begins to talk with him...first by getting the man to purchase an item, then he tells the man how he came to be blind...you know, the whoa is me attitude.

At the end, he tells the man how the accident happens telling him his version...BUT the well-dressed man corrects him on the story and says he had it all wrong, that the events didn't quite happen the way the man told the story. You see, the well-dressed man was also is in the same accident and is blind, also.

This is the last line in the story....so it gives the story a bit of a punch. Great to discuss irony, characterization, point of view. Good story. And it's only about 3-4 pages long.

Tags
short, story, the man who had no eyes