Zumba Prostitute

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by JustMe, Oct 16, 2012.

1. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Oct 23, 2012

It's a simple solution for someone (you) who would never do anything remotely questionable. But we aren't all blessed with your judgement, your upbringing, your background. Should those (born with less judgement/brought up in tough environments... who will probably face challenges to this shortcoming their whole lives, and will face the consequences of their crimes according to the law) also be publicly outed? I mentioned Scarlet Letters earlier (of which the other poster denied)... but it sure sounds like you want them to wear one. What happened to simply paying your debt to society?

2. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 23, 2012

The smut in town is usually swept under the rug...the sex, lies, and other morally corrupt but legal scandals. The things printed in the logs really aren't always very gossip-worthy. That I drove ten miles over the speed limit...eh, who cares? I honestly don't think it's selling many papers. Headline stuff, sure...but not the logs.

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 23, 2012

I think it IS important that her name and business be published. Would you want to attend her fitness classes knowing illegal activity is happening there? Would you want your children, spouse? It's important to know that it's not a fully legitimate business. And if she is going to be "outed", so too should the other partners in crime.

4. Accountable

Accountable Companion

Oct 23, 2012

And if a person doesn't commit a crime and is arrested, their name goes in the paper anyway, just as if they had committed a crime.

and even simpler if you don't. ;)

No, but that's yet to be proven.

It's also important not to condemn someone without all the facts, but selling papers is more important.

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 23, 2012

Regarding the comment that this is "yet to be proven"... Yeah, yeah, I'd make a horrible employee in the justice system, but I sometimes just call it like I see it. There are, after all, hundreds of sex videos because she secretly taped the encounters.

6. Cerek

Cerek Aficionado

Oct 24, 2012

I have no interest in branding them with a Scarlet Letter. A different poster was the one who felt the John's deserved to be humiliated and I questioned that.

My local paper has adopted the policy of publishing the arrest report each week. That is their decision, not mine. As I said, I rarely (if ever) even read the report. But, if they ARE going to publish the weekly arrest report, then it should include ALL the arrests made, not just pick and choose the ones that will be "less embarrassing".

Now, it is a valid point that the arrest report just lists crimes they have been charged with (ie, "accused of"), and the person usually has not gone to court for those crimes at the time the report is published (although sometimes they have).

You're also right that it does, ultimately, come down to a matter of judgment on the part of the person(s) involved. Having gone through a divorce myself, I can better understand the position mentioned by a previous poster of their brother(?) who has decided it is better to just pay for sex as he goes. Ultimately, though, I have decided the temporary pleasure/satisfaction is not worth the slimmest possibility that such a decision could lead to my name being in the paper. Not only would that be personally embarrassing, it could also embarrass my district and possibly cost me my job. So I do try to consider ALL the possible consequences of my actions and use my judgment to make the best decision.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 24, 2012

My objection is to the practice of reporting arrests, as opposed to convictions, regardless of the crime.

8. Accountable

Accountable Companion

Oct 24, 2012

:yeahthat: