Zoo Trip and REALLY GREAT DAY

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by INteacher, Jul 9, 2010.

1. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 9, 2010

Today was a really great Mom day for ME :wub: My two daughters, ages 20 and 16, and I went to the zoo for the day. And they asked ME to go with them. They planned the day and again, asked me to go with them!! My oldest daughter stays in her college town year round so she met us there. I had such a great time with them. With her living away from home, going to school and working, the three of us haven't often had the opportunity to do fun things together.

We had a blast and really enjoyed being together :love: although they did get a little tired of me starting sentences with "remember when we came to the zoo for your 6th b-day." I was reminded again how fast time passes and was so grateful for the time we spent with each other today.:unsure:

3. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2010

aww; I think that's so sweet of them; makes a mom feel loved. :love:

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 9, 2010

How great! I love the zoo too. Many times, people your daughters' ages don't want their parents tagging along w/ them. They want to hang out w/ friends, so that's really nice that you all had a nice day!

5. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 10, 2010

That is great! My girls are 20 and 21 and it is hard to get that family time or girl time as often as I would like.

Did you go to the Indy zoo?

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2010

How very sweet of your daughters!

Not only to include you, but to want to spend a day at the zoo with each other!!

7. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 10, 2010

Yes, we went to the Indy Zoo and the weather really cooperated.

Thankfully, my girls have always gotten along and enjoyed spending time with her other. I think the age difference has a lot to do with with them getting along so well. My youngest daughter and I have always been very close. However, my oldest and I have had some pretty rough patches over the past few years but thankfully that has smoothed out a bit over the past year. I think that was why the day was so special. . .

8. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 10, 2010

I am glad that you had a good day