Your teacher accessory?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Peregrin5, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Dec 11, 2012

Generally when I am making my rounds around the classroom, I often find I need something to write on as I walk, make notes in or something similar.

I have print-outs of rosters I would like to use to make quick notes in, or to be able to print out my lesson plans to write on while I teach to remember things, or even print out grading sheets so I can enter grades on the fly.

I've tried so far a clipboard (didn't really like it, too bulky), a notebook (nice, but again very large), and a compobook (nice size, but like the notebook it won't hold pages that aren't already in it, i.e. hand-outs that you print out).

Binders would be too bulky again, and unwieldy. I've tried gluing printed out pages into notebooks which works pretty well, but it's kind of a lot of effort. Especially for pages that I need to change out often.

Has anyone tried out something that works for them?

On a similar note of teacher accessories, I also always have on a stopwatch with some 'Stain'd' sharpies clipped on them for checking off homework. I use the stopwatch to time activities or to keep track of time I am keeping the class in if we have to waste time practicing procedures.

3. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Dec 12, 2012

I'm a fan of the clipboard ... they make smaller ones for smaller tablets.

But, my first thought for you was a digital tablet of sorts ... and iPad or something similar.

4. Ilovesummer

Ilovesummer Companion

Dec 12, 2012

I often carry a clipboard around the classroom. It works for me.

5. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Dec 12, 2012

Last summer I found a clipboard I absolutely love and I've been using it ever since.

6. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Dec 13, 2012

I often use a clipboard, and sometimes just carry around a post-it notes pad and take notes down on that.