Your Favourite song or art project

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by teacherkerry, May 3, 2007.

1. teacherkerry

teacherkerry Rookie

May 3, 2007

Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow we are having a staff meeting and each teacher has been asked to bring a new song and art idea that we think no one has seen before. I have some ideas but I was wondering what your favourite song or art idea is for children 3-5. One of my coworkers has been in the field for 22 years so I'm hoping I can find something even she hasn't seen before. It doesn't matter what the theme is.
    Thanks for sharing

3. ecross1983

ecross1983 Rookie

May 3, 2007

My favorite song to sing with my kids is "5 Little Monkeys Swinging In a Tree" (they love it!)

As far as my favorite art project ANYTHING with their handprints. I think those are adorable!!!

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

May 3, 2007

I have no idea how well this song is, but it is cute for that age group.
    I wish I had a little red box to put my (name) in
    I'd take him/her out and (kiss fingers three times) and put him/her back in again.

It is even better if you get a red box and put the kids name or pictures in it.

For art I have a jellyfish that is always a hit - they have great yarn at walmart that is variegated colors and has small strings hanging off of it. Use the yarn cut in 8 inch strips to put tentacles on the edges of paper plates. Have the kids water color the inside or color/cut/glue words that begin with J or magazine pictures.

5. Kindtchr

Kindtchr Comrade

May 3, 2007

My students look forward to making "rock rabbits" when we work on the letter Rr. I look for rocks that are worn smooth by water or purchase smooth "river rock" at the craft store. I have pre-cut felt ears, wiggle eyes, a small white pompom for the tail and for the nose & whiskers I tie a short piece of white embroidery floss into a knot, then unravel the ends on each side of the knot(>*<). Sometimes we add a tiny pink pompom on top of the knot for a nose. I put out juice lids with thick craft glue & toothpicks to dip in the glue, then dab where each piece goes. I have them put the whiskers/nose on one end, the tail on the opposite end. Then they add the eyes & ears. They come out really cute & the kids love them. We make a little bed out of a small paper plate with slits so the sides can be folde up & stapled and add a "red rug" paper or felt to rest the rabbit on while it dries so it can be carried home with the features still attached.

6. childcare teach

childcare teach Comrade

May 4, 2007

my favorite song is bop till you drop. my class loves this song. my favorite project is marble painting with my class we do it a few times a year. we even paint with yarn and lots more items.

7. KarenPreK

KarenPreK Companion

May 4, 2007

8. lex

lex Rookie

May 4, 2007

We love the Goldfish song by Laurie Berkner, hope I spelled her name correctly. We just sponge painted mini terra cotta pots and planted sunflower seeds in them. The handprint easter lillies on the Enchanted Learning website are very cute, the parents loved getting those this year.