Xmas Gifts for Parents and Students

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by ttmbalston, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 29, 2006

sorry--not work--WORD

2. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Nov 30, 2006

In the past we've done things like mousepads (fun foam) since all of our parents work for Motorola.

Last year we did "snowman soup"

A couple of years ago we just bought cheap picture frames from Michael's, let the kids paint them and then put a recent picture of them in.

This year I got REALLY inventive. We use a lot of Dr. Jean's music in my classroom and the kids LOVE it. Originally we were just going to make copies of our CD for the families, then I thought it would be cool to videotape. We videotaped all the songs and made like a little music video on DVD! Its about 22 minutes long. We also created our own cover for the case with all the kids pictures on it.

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 30, 2006

...and what did you do about copywrite laws?

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 30, 2006

So you video taped the kids singing her songs? That's creative and cute! Blue's right though, I also wonder about the copyright laws.

5. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Dec 1, 2006

On the CD cover it does say All Songs Performed by Dr. Jean.

6. jgrosman

jgrosman Rookie

Dec 3, 2006

Candy cane ornament. Shape Xtra Large pipe cleaners into candy canes. String red and white beads onto it. Twist ends. Computer disc snowman. On shiny side of disc spread glue. Sprinkle with table salt. Roll orange construction paper for carrot nose and put in center {the cd hole) Cut circes out for mouth and eyes glue over salty (snowy) face. (for extra effect you can use white glitter instead of salt) Have them make a hat out of paper and glue on top. These are adorable when hung with invisible thread thru the halls or in room.

7. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Dec 3, 2006

By the way don't do what I did with the calendars. Only first year teachers that don't know any better would do it haha.

First I made the calendars month by month. On the longer paper 11 by 17 or what ever it is. On top I had the month. Bottom blank calendar.
    Next I had the students write the dates into the calendar than draw and color a picture on each month.
    Than I glued them down onto construction paper. Than the kids painted a boarder onto the construction paper, and last I laminated them. Oh my goodness. I probably will never do that again. Two students aren't even finished yet. I did not realize how long it would take!

8. KdgtnCop

KdgtnCop Rookie

Dec 8, 2006

The Kindergarten Reindeer is pretty easy...Trace their footprint on brown construction paper and cut it out for the reindeer head. Glue it onto white construction paper and have them hand-print the antlers on either side. Cut out a red circle nose and have the kids draw eyes in black marker...
    The poem:
    I've placed my foot and my tiny hands here
    To make you my Kindergarten Reindeer!
    (date at the bottom)

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 8, 2006

Jaime, sounds like some of my old projects. Now I don't even think about it!! More power to you, though. I still have one my son made in K. There was a photo on the inside of the front cover and each of the pages had a cutout that the face showed through. Then they colored around the face. So, for December you could see your child's face under the Christmas tree or in the manger!! It was precious.