Xmas Gifts for Parents and Students

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by ttmbalston, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ttmbalston

ttmbalston Rookie

Nov 18, 2006

Does anyone have any ideas for gifts for parents from students and does anyone have any ideas for gifts for students from teacher?

I'd love to hear your suggestions.

3. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Nov 18, 2006

We make the handprint calendar thats located at
    http://www.littlegiraffes.com/handprintcalendar.html

Its a little time consuming, but they turn out so cute!!!

As far as my students, I usually give them a book that I have purchased with bonus points from Scholastic.

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 18, 2006

That's exactly what I plan to do too!! I also plan to make some ornaments.

5. MissWilliams

MissWilliams Rookie

Nov 27, 2006

The preschool forum has a thread on this subject, with some great ideas that could work for kinders. Have fun!!:)

6. Deeena

Deeena Cohort

Nov 27, 2006

Ok, so I really want to do the handprint calendar too. I recently saw that idea and wish I would have found it sooner so I could have started it a couple months ago! How are you doing the calendar (a couple kids at a time, in small groups...?) Also, how many pages of the calendar are you going to do in a day? I was thinking of having the 5th grade buddies come in (they do reading and projects with us sometimes) and help paint their kinder buddy's hand. With their help I could probably get several pages of the calendar done in a day. I really want to do this with my class, but time is so tight right now!

Take care!

7. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Nov 27, 2006

I would suggest getting a parent helper to help you out. I am making this calendar also and I wouldn't trust 5th graders (it will be a great keepsake for parents). Get at least 2 parents to help you--they can do pull out. I am planning on doing 1 - 2 pages a day because I am doing mine on regular paper so that I could laminate the pages (teachers in my school are not allowed to use the laminator).

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 27, 2006

I just started doing the handprint calendar today. I'm going to do a page a day, so I should be done by December 12, if I keep it up. I'm doing their handprint during center time.

9. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Nov 28, 2006

I love the handprint calendar idea. I better get started. One a day seems reasonable. Uggh. I hate being behind!

10. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Nov 28, 2006

BTW, does anyone have the paper with border and calendar on it to share? I'd love to steal the formate to make it less work for me?

11. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Nov 28, 2006

As for gifts from the teacher to the students.... how about some pencils with Mrs.____________ 's class and the year.??? Or Happy holidays from __________________

12. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 28, 2006

My younger students are making calendars. But not handprint ones. They are making ones that they draw for each month. They are also making tea light candle holders out of baby food jars. They painted tissue paper onto the outside of the jar and then sprinkled glitter on it. They came out very cute.

13. mafm

mafm New Member

Nov 28, 2006

We have our children bring in a potholder in solid color or a oven mit. We paint their hands with fabric paint and it is a great keepsake for parents. We put their name and year onit also. We also have done little baby food jars and used their fingerprints to make snowmen and attach a little poem with it.
    I don't have the poem on hand but if you want it I can get it for you. We put a small votive in the jar.
    We have also done neckties for dads with their hand made into santa, they were a big hit.
    We usually make some sort of ornament also with a photo in it. Popsicle shape trees and put the photo in the middle. Hope these help

14. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Nov 28, 2006

I am trying to make the calendar template and it is so hard. How do you get the calendar on there?

15. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 28, 2006

Well, what I ended up having to do was I went into microsoft works and I created January calendar using table. Then, I filled in the numbers. I copied the calender and made 11 copies. I just went through and changed the months and the dates. Then, I went to little giraffe, copied and pasted the poems onto a seperate document. I printed out all forms, got out my scissors and tape and put them onto a seperete sheet. It ended up looking just like little giraffe's. Then, on Monday, I made 20 copies of each page during my lunch time. And got started right after. All in all, it really didn't take that long. It took me about an hour to make the calendars and about 15 minutes to make all of the copies.

16. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 29, 2006

I don't know if this calendar will work with your craft, but most computers can create a calendar. I have Work and it is in templates.