Xmas gift for coworkers?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by kellyr, Dec 5, 2012.

1. kellyr

kellyr Rookie

Dec 5, 2012

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cute gift idea for some of my coworkers? I need to give about 15 teachers/coaches a gift. (The teachers in my hall and the coaches I work with, plus the 4 administrators). I'm trying to decide if I should just give cookies/desserts, or make something to go with it.

Any suggestions?? :help:

3. kellyr

kellyr Rookie

Dec 5, 2012

Oh....

I'll probably make a couple large platters of goodies for some of the other staff:

1 for cafeteria
    1 for custodians
    1 for front office

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 5, 2012

How much are you willing to pay? For 7 of my coworkers, I got a Christmas snowman ceramic mug from Sears Grand on sale for $5.99 & filled it with Hershey's Kisses. For a couple, I also put in a small bottle of anti-bacterial hand gel rom B&BW.

For my 2 mentors, I got these very nice-sized, already nicely wrapped, Ghirardelli chocolate gift buckets w/ a variety of candy & other items for $14.69 from Costco.

5. kellyr

kellyr Rookie

Dec 5, 2012

Aw those are cute ideas :) I probably can't afford to spend more than a couple of dollars on each one. I'm glad you mentioned the mentors...I had forgotten about mine lol. I have only seen him like 2 times all semester, but I suppose I should still get him something lol:lol:

6. K1teach

K1teach Companion

Dec 5, 2012

A few years ago I got a cute idea from this board and it was well received! The link was years ago, so I will try to explain it. I baked brownies (boxed or scratch) in a pie plate, then cut them in 6th's or 8th's (I can't remember). Each triangle was wrapped in clear plastic wrap. On the side that had smooth wrap, I glued wiggly eyes and a pom pom (pop pom on the tip). On the back I put a label and antlers made out of pipe cleaners. Does this make sense? They turned out super cute and didn't cost a ton!

7. kellyr

kellyr Rookie

Dec 5, 2012

OMG I love that!!!! Little Rudolph brownies?? That sounds super cute! I'll probably do that for my basketball team as well because I can make a ton of those for super cheap! Thank you so much I absolutely love this idea!:D

8. kellyr

kellyr Rookie

Dec 5, 2012

K1Teach- What state are you in? MY daughter took Xmas pics EXACTLY like your profile pic!

9. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Dec 5, 2012

I made bags of homemade potpourri for my coworkers this year--1 orange, 1 cup of cranberries, 1 Tbsp. cloves, 1 tsp. nutmeg, 2 cinnamon sticks. We have an Amish store that sells spices in bulk, and they worked out to about $1.50/bag. I have a nice ribbon to put on them. Our staff usually does something small like this for each other; I didn't want to bake something like I have in years past.

10. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Dec 5, 2012

One of my favorite presents from coworkers came from a para. She wrote a personal note on each card and inside it she also had some kind of cute cold weather poem and a package of hot hands. It was freezing weather and I just thought this was such a practical but innovative idea. It also doesn't cost much.

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 5, 2012

We exchange on my grade level....some ideas we do:
    Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts $5 coffee gift card

Holiday socks

Baked goodies

I do holiday teas

12. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Dec 5, 2012

I love warm fuzzy socks..about $2 or $3 at the dollar store. Right now, I am wearing a pair I got for Christmas last year. :)