Writing Lesson

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by Lorkie4, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Lorkie4

Lorkie4 Rookie

Sep 18, 2008

Hi everyone. I could really use some suggestions on the following: I have to teach a lesson on using repetition to connect the components of a series. I am going to read the book Tulip Sees America, as well as The Very Hungry Catepillar. Then the kids have to try and write their own piece using repetition. I wanted to model for them how to do this, but I'm drawing a big blank. I just can't think of one of my own. This nakes me wonder how in the world they are going to do this. I'd appreciate any suggestions for a model example, as well as how to help the kids think up their own piece.

Thanks!
    Laurie

3. Lysander

Lysander Companion

Sep 20, 2008

Right now I'm drawing a blank as well...other good books are The House That Jack Built and Bringng the Rain to Kapiti Plain. You could also sing the song There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. I think any example that builds on the rest would be good....ohhh...just thought of one: making a sandwich.

I went to the store to buy some bread.

I took the bread home to make a sandwich.

I put some mayo on my bread.
    I needed some lettuce to go with my mayo that I put on my bread.
    Then I put some cheese with the lettuce to go with my mayo that I put on my bread.
    Next I added ham to the cheese that I put with the lettuce to go with the mayo that I put on my bread.

etc.