Writing Binders

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by andrea_45, Nov 27, 2011.

1. andrea_45

andrea_45 Rookie

Nov 27, 2011

Hello all,

I'm thinking of starting to use a binder for writing. The binder can contain useful reference material, drafts, completed writing samples, word lists, etc. Does anyone use these and how so? Your responses are greatly appreciated.

2nd grade bilingual teacher

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Nov 28, 2011

I have a reference binder for writing. I keep materials that they need...how to write a formal writing piece, how to use the 4 square organizer, what are the six traits, interesting hooks and wrap ups, lists of transitions, etc.

I have my students keep their rough drafts in a spiral notebook though. I thought about moving them to the binder, but I didn't want to buy that many page protectors.

4. shortee

shortee Companion

Nov 30, 2011

binders for writing

Our school requires that we use binders for writing and keeping word lists, etc. I have found that too often my 2nd graders accidentally tear the holes so many papers are now hanging out of the binders. So far I'm not really a fan of using binders for 2nd graders. I prefer composition books or even a spiral notebook.

5. andrea_45

andrea_45 Rookie

Apr 25, 2012

Thank you, I used the binders this school year and had a good turn out. The kids really enjoy using them. Do you create your own materials?i.e hooks and wrap ups, traits

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Apr 26, 2012

I didn't create most things...I found the majority of them online and in curriculum books.