Workbook TIPS?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by S_goes_2_kinder, Sep 7, 2015.

1. S_goes_2_kinder

S_goes_2_kinder New Member

Sep 7, 2015

Hello All,
    It's been awhile but I have a question and cannot seem to find a good answer (or really how to even search for it)....my school developed a new math curriculum this year and I actually really like it. It is very dependent on a workbook however and i was wondering if anyone has any good tips on how to help kindergartners find the page they are working on? I feel like 1/2 the lesson I am helping the students get to the correct page. At this point in the year they don't really have a huge grasp on numbers so even maybe a suggestion on a way to mark it for them? Fold the page? Sticky notes? Anyone out there mastered this challenge yet? Thanks for any and all help....I'm so curious....

3. K1teach

K1teach Companion

Sep 7, 2015

I have a kindergarten teacher friend who carried all of her workbooks home and her husband used a saw to cut off the binding. Then she asked some high schoolers who needed service hours to help her organize the pages. Depending on the help she had, some years she grouped them by chapter and then sorted at the beginning of each chapter, other years she had each page grouped together.
    Before I met her and I was long term subbing in kindergarten at the end of each chapter I would tear out the next chapter from each book and then hand out the pages as we needed them.

4. S_goes_2_kinder

S_goes_2_kinder New Member

Sep 7, 2015

Thank you! I am thinking that prep time would be a solid investment. Might need to put my hubby to work! :)

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 7, 2015

We have parent volunteers who prefer to volunteer from home, this would be the perfect project for those types of helpers. I would ask your class parents for volunteers - maybe 4-5 workbooks per volunteer to keep the load down?

6. heatherberm

heatherberm Cohort

Sep 7, 2015

7. 4815162342

4815162342 Companion

Sep 7, 2015

We used work books but the inside pages were perforated. I would have my aide tear them out and staple by lesson.
    If you don't have an aide, the parent volunteer idea would work too.

8. SCTeacher23

SCTeacher23 Comrade

Sep 13, 2015

You can use a binder clip to clip the page and then students can directly open to the page. You could also just tear out the pages.