Winter themed songs..Help!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by ScooterJen, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ScooterJen

ScooterJen Rookie

Dec 4, 2009

Hi everyone. We are going to have a big holiday party for my two classes as well as teh full day classroom run within my program. We have been struggling to get parents really invovled in these sorts of things this year, for some reason, so are trying to make this lots of fun for everyone. It will be a potluck and an outside organization is donating gifts to our students.

Here's my question though, I am trying to figure out some sort of song/rhyme that my students could act out for their parents during this get together. I want something where I can prepare some simple costumes for the students and they can all be involved (it would be hard to do Five Snowmen, for example, because some children might not feel a part of it). Also, I'd like to stick to more of a winter/snow theme and not focus on Christmas/Santa because several of my students do not celebrate Christmas. Has anyone ever done something like this before or have any suggestions? I would love to hear any ideas you have!!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

4. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Dec 5, 2009

Could you sing a snowflake fingerplay and have all the students hold up glitter snowflakes glued to popsicle sticks while they sing or something along those lines?

What about Jingle Bells and give each child a pipe cleaner bracelet with bells strung on it. When they sing they shake their hands and the bells ring, we did this and it worked out well.

What about singing Frosty the Snowman and having them all wear paper tophats?

Here's a link to the winter page on my site. There may be some song suggestions there. Also, Heidisongs has really cute, simple plays for young childre on her site here.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 5, 2009

On one of theo ther threads in here, I recentlyp osted 2 super cute sons/poems my 3's did a few years ago... I think it was one for Christmas program songs, but there are snow. Super cute and thek ids lOVED them.

We did headbands by simply copying a snowflake pattern, cutting and glittering it, and gluing it onto a imple blue construction paper band.

6. Teacheskidz

Teacheskidz Rookie

Dec 24, 2009

For our January Winter Festival I'm doing Frosty, Let it Snow, Jingle Bells. The kids colored and decorated snowflakes and we made headbands with pipecleaner antennas. We attached the snowflakes and wrote the child's name on the front of the headband. They will sing songs and play instruments for the parents.