Wikki Stix

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by vbubbles1874, May 13, 2010.

1. vbubbles1874

vbubbles1874 Companion

May 13, 2010

My kids love wikki stix and can create shapes and pictures with them. However, I am already thinking about the fall and my next group of kids. I'm looking for some activity cards that I can print online or any other ideas.

3. K3 teacher

K3 teacher Companion

May 13, 2010

Oh, my kids love them too. Activity cards are a great idea!

4. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

May 23, 2010

I made my own activity cards for using with wikkistix/bendaroos. I simply made them on the computer about the size of the larger index cards, maybe a bit bigger depending on what it was,but small enough to fit in the same rubbermaid type bin as the bendaroos. I made letter ones (uppercase on one side, lower case on the other), number ones (with # on one side and dots to count to figure out the number on the back), shapes, mazes (follow the road to get from the dog to the bone etc), matching (use the wikkistix to make a line from the upper case A to the lower case a, or between the pictures that match etc), and pictures of things like a house, a car, a plane, a ball, an umbrella,animals etc by tracing around stencils with a permanent marker. Then I laminated them all. The kids love to "trace" them with the bendaroos. They often try to make the same thing without the "stencil card" (that's what they call them). It was pretty inexpensive to do since the center has a small laminator. If you don't have access to a laminator you could make the cards from cardstock to make them stiffer and laminate them with clear contact paper

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

May 23, 2010

They sell books with patterns but their site also has a few you can print and laminate if you want to check out the wikki stix site.

6. teacher12345

teacher12345 Cohort