Why do they post CSET scores so late at night?

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Geologygirl, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Geologygirl

Geologygirl Comrade

Feb 8, 2019

I have to wait until 10 PM to see what I got on a mostly multiple choice test a month after I took it. Its 8 PM now.....why do they make people wait until 10 pm? Its after work hours.....

3. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Feb 8, 2019

IMO, they wait until the last possible minute before they post results. For example, when I applied for and was approved for my preliminary teaching credential a while back, the online system said that my wait time would be at most 50 business days. Well, I received it on the 50th business day. And I later found out that the exact same thing happened to EVERY single one of my colleagues and many public schoolteachers in my area as I asked around to see how long it took everyone to get theirs — I wanted to see if I was an outlier.

I really wish the California CTC would just say that our application will take 50 business days and not say up to 50 business days. The latter still has a truth value of true, but it gives people hope that they will receive it sooner.

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 9, 2019

Is a reasoned response in order, or is this thread for venting? (No, I'm not being snarky. Facts are fine things, but unhelpful when what one really seeks is commiseration and confirmation.)