who HASN'T gotten a job yet for the 2008-2009 school year?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by HufflePuff, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Beth561

Beth561 Comrade

Jul 16, 2008

add me to our list.
    I have been feeling so bad.
    I would log on to this web site but couldn't bring myself to open up. Thank you to everyone who could share their frustration,anxiety and sadness.-Reading what everyone else is dealing with has helped me to realize that I am not worthless nor in the wrong profession. I just wasn't in the right school. I thought I was a good fit-the chairwoman of my dept. was really disappointed when I told her I was not being reappointed and so were the other teachers that I had become very friendly with. And, I know that I did my job well because I got my students FCAT scores and 85% of them went up one or two levels. (One of the AP's called me to tell me how impressed he was with my scores.) Unfortunately, my AP seemed to have a bee in her bonnet against me.She was so unfair and unprofessional. Needless to say I was not offered my position for the 2009 school year. I know that, in the long run, it is better for me to find another teaching position and that I should be glad to be out of that school-there were so many problems with the administrators. Regardless of all that-I loved teaching those kids.
    Anyway, thank you for all of your posts, I feel so much better knowing that it is the system and its administrators that is keeping us from doing the jobs we were born to do. I'm sure that in spite of the economy and budget cuts and unwritten rules we will attain our goals.
    Thanks again, I really mean it.

2. SouperTeach

SouperTeach Companion

Jul 16, 2008

I just wanted to encourage everyone who has not received a job offer, yet. I was really bummed about not having a job lined out yet; it seemed like everyone that I graduated with has one except me. Anyways, I turned in an application last Thursday, did the interview with the superintendent on Friday (because the principal was out) and signed the contract that day! There is still hope and God is always faithful Remember that He is always on time.

3. USCgrad

USCgrad Companion

Jul 16, 2008

me.....

no job....

not even an interview...

i am in va....

argh!:confused::unsure::mad:

4. kstar03

kstar03 Companion

Jul 17, 2008

Thanks SouperTeach! That give me hope :hugs:

5. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jul 17, 2008

still without...

6. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Rookie

Jul 17, 2008

This would be me :(

7. vsimpkins

vsimpkins Comrade

Jul 17, 2008

I'm another one without a job so far. I might have to look outside of teaching and back into the business world. Districts seem to higher teachers, no experience, preliminary credential and young.
    I'm very depressed also and trying to keep my spirits up.

8. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle Rookie

Jul 17, 2008

Me... I passed up one offer to wait for a better fit... sure hope that materializes! I'd sure hate to end the summer jobless and have it be MY OWN DARNED FAULT.:|

9. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Jul 17, 2008

Kerfuffle I did that my first year and have been kicking myself ever since. I hope your experience is better. I'd probably have tenure by now if I'd taken that first offer.

10. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Jul 17, 2008

Not in Jersey! We youngin's don't have ENOUGH experience according to them. Grrrr!

11. Vievers

Vievers Rookie

Jul 17, 2008

I have somewhat good news to share! I finally got a phone call asking for an interview! Interview is on Wednesday; I've got my flight booked and now I need to pack ! Hopefully I don't forget anything important.

12. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2008

Good luck! pack light. bring extra resumes. have somebody at home who can fax or fed ex you something you forgot, just in case!!

:)

13. Vievers

Vievers Rookie

Jul 17, 2008

Thanks for the advice! The husband will be home awaiting phone calls to mail me forgotten items, of which I hope there are none or very few.

14. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2008

you're welcomed!!!

15. tiffanys

tiffanys Companion

Jul 23, 2008

I too am jobless but still hopeful.... my only problem is I dont know what to do in the event that I don't get a teaching job... I have a B.S. in marketing but the job market is sooo stiff I'm now starting to worry if I'll get a full time job at all!