Who Grocery Shops at Target?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 15, 2015

It's a little more expensive than the regular grocer's & the selection isn't as big of course, so when I have to buy a lot, I'll go to the regular grocer's. Otherwise, due to the convenience of my Target, if I just need several things AND need to buy drug store items, I'll get it all from there.

How about you?

3. 4815162342

4815162342 Companion

Jul 15, 2015

I have before, usually if i want other stuff that isnt at the traditional grocery store. Its about 50/50 between target and heb.
    Plus it has a Starbucks. Can't go wrong with that.

4. MikeTeachesMath

MikeTeachesMath Devotee

Jul 15, 2015

We do! It's probably a 90%/10% split between Target and Fairway. Target is really good for general things, and Fairway is there for the more "rare" stuff I need for my dietary needs (such as bread made out of rice, and eggless mayo).

5. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2015

We really like the ground beef at Target. Hubby thinks it's packaged with nitrogen, which keeps it fresher.

6. MLB711

MLB711 Comrade

Jul 15, 2015

If I'm already at Target, sometimes I will pick up groceries. I bought pork chops there and they tasted better than the regular grocery store. I thought they were less..."icky" for lack of a better word. But Target is 15 min away, whereas the grocery store is 2 min away, so it's not economical for me to do all the shopping there.

7. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Jul 15, 2015

I do but I usually find Target much cheaper than my local supermarkets - Giant and Weis - and I stop by there at least once a week to shop/browse. I don't really buy any fresh produce from there and when I only need a few items, I will just stop by the supermarket quickly.

8. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jul 15, 2015

We have Super Target here in my town. It offers a full-service grocery store (deli, bakery, produce, etc). I'm there at least once/week.

9. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jul 15, 2015

I will pick up a few groceries if I'm already at Target and need something. Here, Target is more expensive than other grocery stores though so I wouldn't go there just to get a bunch of groceries.

10. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 15, 2015

I bought milk there once. It tasted awful. I emailed the company, and they refunded my money. I live 50 miles from Target, so I wouldn't likely shop there. It was snowing, which is why I stopped there, not closer to home.

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2015

There's no convenient Target to me, and even if there was I doubt I'd shop for groceries there. I have a Shop Rite very near by and a Kings downtown for high end goodies. I also shop Trader Joes for party and picnic yummies. There are also local A&Ps, Stop and Shop, Fairway and Whole Foods...so it's easy to pick stores where one gets what they need for the best price.

12. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 15, 2015

I grocery shop at Kroger. I actually drive across town to near where I work to get groceries because that Kroger is so nice, and has such good prices.

I actually almost never go to Target. The clothes all fit me weird, and I shop other places to get other things. I pretty much only shop there at Christmas for wrapping paper. My husband buys some of their limited edition action figures sometimes. They don't have a big and tall clothing section for him, so it's pretty much just toys and games for us there.

13. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 15, 2015

I love Target. Seriously addicted. I buy groceries sometimes if we need things mid-week.

14. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 15, 2015

If I'm already there, I'll pick up some organic fruit snacks my husband likes and no one else locally sells, but generally, it's much more expensive unless you're just buying the loss leaders.

I do like Target though.

15. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 15, 2015

Our Target has cheaper prices than Kroger on most things except produce and meat. I buy things if I am there, but won't make a special trip to Target and then Kroger also.

16. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2015

If I am already there, I may pick up some things I need but I have never done a full shopping there.

My biggest problem is that ever since they added groceries, the lines are terrible! It has actually caused me not to go to Target as often. They took out or never have the check out lines for if you only have a couple of items, and so you have to wait behind people with carts stuffed with groceries. I hate it!

17. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

Jul 16, 2015

I am no longer a Target fan. I have become obsessed with WALMART! I always find great deals and always have a good experience.

18. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 16, 2015

Stater Bros. is my main grocery store. I used to have a couple Fresh & Easy's, but they closed a lot, so I don't go nearly as often, but I loved them. I shop at Sprouts & Ralph's sometimes. I love their sushi. Trader Joe's & Costco, I really like. I never go to Food 4 Less.

I now have a Haggen's, but no use really going there. They're more expensive like Albertson's. I go to Bristol Farms when I'm in the area.

Same here, I live right across the street from one & I've been trying to not go too much because I usually go in for a couple things & end up spending $50-75.

My closest location is never really crowded & I don't really see people with a lot of groceries ever. Now my slightly farther location is more crowded because more people live in that immediate area, but they still don't seem to do their primary food shopping there.

19. 4815162342

4815162342 Companion

Jul 16, 2015

I like Walmart for certain things as well. But they REALLY have bad lines, and I won't go at peak times for that reason alone.

20. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 18, 2015

I have a Super Stop & Shop down the street from my condo so its literally a 1-2 minute ride...I could walk instead, if I needed to and there's a Panera next door, a Dunkin Donuts inside and now a pizza place as well, just like the BIG Y!!!

I do know people that go to Target though for food, I was surprised because I didn't think it would be as good as a traditional market, but maybe I was wrong.

21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 18, 2015

The Target closest to me is at the mall. I avoid going to the mall if I can help it so I hardly ever go to Target for anything, much less groceries. They only added groceries recently I think and I haven't checked it out but I overall the regular grocery store is more convenient for me.