What's your favorite cancelled T.V. series?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Em_Catz, May 29, 2014.

1. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2014

It is only 13 episodes, I think. And they had salary negotiation issues, so each star will only be in 11.
    I, also, hope Julia and Joel get back together. Joel is like the perfect guy!
    I also wish they would wrap up with Sarah and Mark back together, but he is engaged. However, it is fishy that they brought him back just to establish that!!

I will be super sad when it is gone since I filled my Brothers & Sisters hole with Parenthood.

2. a2z

a2z Maven

Jun 1, 2014

Psych was a favorite in my house.
    We loved Eureka.

3. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Jun 1, 2014

GCB aka Good Christian (word that rhymes with witches)
    It only had one season on ABC :(

4. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jun 1, 2014

OMG! I was trying to remember the name of that show and couldn't! Yes, it was great!!! I was so disappointed when they canceled it.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2014

I liked it, too!

I've loved Leslie Bibb since she was on Popular way back when. Actually, Popular could make this list, too!

6. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Jun 1, 2014

Oh yes, I loved Popular too!

7. msaly

msaly Comrade

Jun 1, 2014

My favorites were brothers and sisters, army wives, client list, GCB, killer women, trophy wife, private practice and desperate housewives (but that wasn't cancelled, just completed)

8. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jun 1, 2014

Army Wives

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 2, 2014

I tried to like it, but coudn't. I had stopped watching before it went off the air.

Here's another one I forgot about!

10. bros

bros Phenom

Jun 2, 2014

Usually when a show gets ordered for a final 13 and stars can only appear in x amount of the final episodes, it's because the budget got cut - it's happened with a few shows over the years.

Psych was good, but i'm glad it ended when it did.

11. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Jun 2, 2014

- I loved Make it or break it - I know it's probably geared towards teenage girls, but I loved it because the acting was great and overall they had a great story.
    - I also really liked 8 Rules to date my daughter (or something like that). That's the first time I saw Kaley Cuoco act (she's now in Big Bang theory). I thought she was great, as were the rest of the staff. I don't know why it wasn't continued.
    - I also loved Reba - in fact I still watch the reruns when I come home from school, it's sort of my decompressor.

12. olivecoffee

olivecoffee Companion

Jun 2, 2014

Nikita!! I was so upset when the CW only ordered 6 episodes for the final season.
    Angel
    Buffy!
    Charmed
    Desperate Housewives
    Lie to Me
    House
    The Secret Circle
    Numb3rs
    Gilmore Girls
    Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Boston Public
    Prison Break
    24 (It's back, sort of.)
    Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
    Law & Order: Criminal Intent
    Heroes

And then, of course, there are some that ended, but I want more!
    Battlestar Galactica
    Smallville

13. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jun 2, 2014

Does Seinfeld count? I don't think it was canceled, just finally ended.

Oh I also liked "Up all night". It was entertaining.

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 2, 2014

8 rules ended because John Ritter died....
    Boston Legal... loved that show

15. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Jun 2, 2014

I need my husband to have a guy's night out so I can do this! Same for a lot of other shows on here -- he's a TV snob :rolleyes:

16. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 2, 2014

YES!! All of these! For some reason I like Sean Saves the World and is sad that it's not coming back.

17. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jun 2, 2014

That's exactly what happened, yep. Parenthood has a very large cast, which makes it an expensive show. Also it's on NBC, and they are more interested in cash cow reality shows like The Voice. I do like reality shows, but it really irks me that networks seem to put all their effort into those shows, often at the expense of the scripted shows.

Up All Night was funny! We just started getting into that right before it was cancelled. I think Will Arnett is hilarious but the guy cannot catch a break! His shows always end up getting cancelled!

My husband has really gotten into Watch Mojo videos lately, and we watched this one and I thought of this thread - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQf1gvxVFOM ("The Top 10 TV Shows Cancelled Too Soon" - many that have been mentioned on this thread are on the list.)

18. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 2, 2014

Oh, Prison Break. :wub:

It was more of a conclusion than a cancellation. They stretched it far enough and I'd rather it end being great than suffer.

19. bros

bros Phenom

Jun 3, 2014

If he's a TV snob he should love Six Feet Under. A lot of people consider it one of the best shows of all time because of the ending.

20. i8myhomework

i8myhomework Comrade

Jun 3, 2014

GG fans in the house! I have to chime in.

Question: I saw in another post that you weren't a Logan fan, but did you like any of Rory's boyfriend? From message boards I have read it seems like the general opinion is that Jess was the favorite out of all three, but to me Jess was a huge jerk who treated Rory badly. I never got the intense hate for Logan just because he seemed like the blonde, rich version of Jess.

Dean was constantly hailed to as "the best boyfriend ever" by characters on the show but he was needy and jealous and just plain awful. Not to mention he was a small town loser with no goals or ambition. After the whole affair I always hated the way Rory continued to come back to Star's Hollow to sleep with him.

IA with you about the seasons following 5. It's because Amy Sherman Palladino (the writer & creator) left the show and the story lines went all to hell. Luke having a secret daughter and Lorelai turning into a marriage crazed lunatic. The last two seasons were her whining about wanting to be married. It was so bizarre and sort of turned me off Luke/Lorelai.

Unpopular opinion but I always liked Chris & Lor better than Luke/Lor. Her being with Chris always made more sense because they were like carbon copies of each other, but it's like their timing was always off. Chris was crazy irresponsible though and their marriage was a sham, but Lorelai always ran back to him in the most dramatic way possible.

Well, now that I've gotten riled up I may as well keep going...

I hated how Lane got preggo and basically had to give up on her dream of touring with Hep Alien. Zack got to go but I felt it was super unfair to Lane's backstory. Her life was reduced to bumming around Star's Hollow and changing diapers

I hated the Logan/Rory break-up. It came out of nowhere and the exchange after her graduation was bizarre.

Lorelai's numerous breakdowns and marriage obsession.

That whole story line where Logan's dad told her she wasn't ~good enough to be a writer, causing her to drop out of Yale and become a socialite. Seriously Rory? She needed to grow a pair.

Oy vey. It's early, I have had too much coffee and this show ended in 2007. I need to get a life, lol.