What's Everyone Doing on this Nice Saturday?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jun 8, 2013.

1. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 12, 2016

I finally went to ULTA! I can't believe I've never been there before. I got some makeup and a pretty hair clip. I have a small hair clip collection but now I think it will grow pretty quickly now that I know where to get really nice ones!! I don't buy much makeup but I think I'll go see what else they have now and then.

MLB711 likes this.
  2. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 12, 2016

Yeah, I like Ulta, but Sephora better. There are 2 (Ulta) locations in my area & they're about to build a 3rd, which will be the closest to me.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 17, 2016

Work all weekend on & off in prep for this coming week. The caseload's just too large. It's right under the limit when they start to give an asst....what a coincidence. If it were 1/2 the caseload, then that would be much better. I'm trying to think long & hard if I should resign or not.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2016

Rainy off and on all day today. I honestly don't remember the last time we had a full day like this; it's been months. It's been a perfect day to curl up with a book and a cup of tea (and I'm about to swap the tea for a glass of wine!).

DizneeTeachR likes this.
  5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 17, 2016

This morning we did errands around the house, then went to a marching band competition. We got groceries on the way home. We just hit home from my mom's house. It's her 70th birthday, so we took her out for supper and bought her a cake and a six-pack of different kinds of beer.

DizneeTeachR likes this.
  6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 17, 2016

It rained here in the morning did some house cleaning. We went to local fruit farm. Came home made a bonfire. Had pizza pudgie (hobo) pies made in soft tacos. Then a s'more of course.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 18, 2016

Beach day with some friends who live in a condo penthouse overlooking the ocean. Dinner watching the harvest moon rise over the water.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 24, 2016

Today, I'll be working like I did last night. Did my morning walks again like I like to do. Maybe I'll browse the bookstore or if not today, then tomorrow or Monday.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 24, 2016

Beautiful weather! Hair and nail appointments, shopping with my mom and then late afternoon movie (Sully) with the hubs. We went to a cool new theater with individual boxes- reclining seats, cozy, cocktail able, waiter service. We got yummy sliders and cocktails. So much fun.

10. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 24, 2016

We did some shopping at Kohls, then got groceries. Nothing exciting. We also cleaned some windows at the house we are selling. The housekeeper didn't do Windows.

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 24, 2016

Did some laundry, mowed, went to neighbor's house and out to a fruit farm to pick some honey crisp apples.

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 25, 2016

I know it is not Saturday... but it was beautiful here today. Did some weeding in my new strawberry plants from spring and flower gardens. We had a bonfire (I can still smell the smoke in clothes...will wash tomorrow). I don't mind because we have wild cherry trees and power company had to trim trees last year so we kept logs to burn. Smells like fall! Lol. Oh we had burgers cooked over bonfire and s'mores, of course!

PallasAthena likes this.
  13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 26, 2016

I stopped going to the farms to pick apples because I don't usually want that many at a time. There are several farmer's markets around so I pick up some here and there. I used to have so much fun apple picking though!

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 26, 2016

We go to the farm.. we can pick by pound. So it works out cheaper than store especially for honeycrisp. We pay 95 cents a pound. Lol. Plus family that owns the farm is just GREAT, so we love supporting them as long as they are opened. Lol. They are less than 10mins away...so that helps too.

15. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 26, 2016

The last few places we went to sold them by the bag and the bags were HUGE. We spent a fortune and didn't really use them all. I wouldn't mind paying by the pound.

DizneeTeachR likes this.
  16. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 26, 2016

I don't think I would like to buy if I had to in huge bags. Lol. They give us large bags, but we pick like a dozen or so. Lol. We pay like $7. Lol. It works good for us. I know we are lucky. Lol

17. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 27, 2016

Eh, they might do that at some of the farms but I'm too lazy to check them out LOL There are TONS of apple farms in my county as well as the surrounding counties. It's quite overwhelming when choosing where to go.

18. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 27, 2016

NY. There are many around us... but this one is the closest...luckily we have gotten to know the owners well. Lol. I can think of 3 others about the same distance... lol.

19. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 2, 2016

Yesterday I went to Barnes and Noble with my mom. Picked up Whole 30 (anyone try this?) and a book for a friend's new grandchild. Some errands, lots of laundry :eek: and college football on tv. Thinking of heading to farm today for some apples and other produce. Champagne toast later with son and his new fiancée :celebrate:

DizneeTeachR likes this.
  20. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 2, 2016

Rainy in morning....so laundry. Afternoon was sunny. Took care of some flower garden stuff and put out some Halloween stuff.