What happens if your don't sign a bad evaluation or acknowledge it online?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by abcd, Mar 7, 2018.

1. abcd

abcd Rookie

Mar 7, 2018

What happens if your don't sign a bad evaluation or acknowledge it online and they finalize it without your approval. Within how many days of the observation do they have to post the evaluation and do the post conference? What if they predate the evaluation?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 7, 2018

My district's observation policy is shared with staff. Policies can vary by district. You are doing yourself a disservice by not acknowledging what feedback is provided to you. If you disagree with the write up, you may be able to write a response on that feedback form, or at least document your response via email.

4. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 12, 2018

By not responding, you are basically agreeing to what was said. Can’t pretend you didn’t get it... they automatically recieved notice that you opened it.

Try typing your true feelings. Then, clean it up and be professional. I would not admit to anything, but not deny I can improve in all areas. Mention everything you did on your own. Extra workshops, graduate classes, volunteered for lunch duty, watched class when neighbor teacher was late, etc. True, they will probably not renew your contract...but somebody will value your integrity and preserverance. That might catch the eyes of a teacher who becomes a principal, and he/she may give you a 2nd chance.