What exactly does this mean...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by me25, Jan 12, 2009.

1. me25

me25 Rookie

Jan 12, 2009

Please describe the applications of current research on effective teaching which you would utilize in your classroom?

To me that doesn't make any sense. I am thinking it might mean what I do in my classroom that demonstrates effective teaching but I am not sure. Help!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 12, 2009

What have you read about that you want to try in your classroom? What are the 'buzz' topics out there that intrigue you...
    Some ideas to get you thinking:

Response to Intervention

Differentiated Instruction

Cooperative Learning

Reading/Writing workshop

4. RainStorm

RainStorm Aficionado

Jan 12, 2009

In our district, they would be looking for "data-driven design" -- they'd want to know how you would use the data from various assessments (both formal and information) to drive your instruction to maximize learning.

But the "current research" could be about anything that is a "hot topic" and czacza mentioned some great ones. I think the most important one is to make sure whatevery current research you deside to discuss is one that is "embraced" by the district for which you are applying.

5. ocean2026

ocean2026 Rookie

Jan 12, 2009

Well first they want to see if you are aware of research in the teaching field.

Next they want to see if you understand and have analyzed it, and can apply it.

Good question!