What do you think?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by pabef, Aug 4, 2016.

1. pabef

pabef Comrade

Aug 4, 2016

I do a "Meet the Class" book each year where I put pictures of each student and include myself with info about each one. Each student takes a turn taking the book home to share with his or her family. Today I laminated the pages and my co-worker was looking at the pages. She remarked that a picture of one of my students was "horrible." I asked what was wrong with it and she said that he had paint on his face and a dab of snot. I really didn't notice the snot because it was clear and small. My co-worker said that his mom would freak if other parents saw the picture. I didn't redo the page because we do lots of pictures throughout the year for slide shows, social media (we have our own page) etc. I want the kids to look like they are having fun and I probably will not notice every little smudge. Should I go back and re-do? I have heard that this mom is particular, but I don't want to cater to her pickiness.

3. sharan singh

sharan singh Rookie

Aug 4, 2016

Firstly your approach for "Meet the Class" book is great thing to connect all students and teachers.
    Secondly you shouldn't redo for that fun, because its her nature and in future when you will see it then you remember that funny thing.

4. cocobean

cocobean Companion

Aug 4, 2016

First off, I love the idea of making a class book!
    I would leave the picture as is. Kids are kids; they're messy and imperfect. So if they have a little snot while having fun and learning, so be it!

5. HowardCox

HowardCox New Member

Aug 24, 2016

I really loved the idea of "Meet the Class". It is simply amazing.
    I agree with sharan singh that you should not redo for that fun. I think all the preschool teachers must get to know this idea, so that they can also connect with their students and their parents. Now a day many learning centers like Eye Level Learning Center teaches students in an interactive way. The teacher search for different ideas to teach children in a different and interesting way.