What do you do to unwind/relax from a long day of work?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Peachyness, Nov 1, 2010.

1. jillybean

jillybean Comrade

Nov 2, 2010

I LOVE to play video games!!! I play zombies games on my xbox360. I am not sure why but I love it and it makes me laugh!!! (Maybe it is because that is how I feel when I get home!)

2. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 2, 2010

Tae Kwon Do classes twice a week. The adults there are fun conversation and the kids there are much younger than my students. Oh, and I get to throw some kicks and punches to really work off some steam.

3. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Nov 2, 2010

I forgot to add that in the spring, when I need to unwind, a little ammunition therapy on ground squirrels always helps. :)

4. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Nov 2, 2010

Facebook and TV

Not very humorous, but that's what I do. ;)

5. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Nov 2, 2010

I cuss at the traffic which is now Snowbirds in my area as they are driving too slow and then not looking when switching lanes. I pick up my daughter and immerse myself in her love when I hear her say "mommyyyyyyy" as she grabs my leg and hugs me.

I read at least 30 min to her (yes, she sits on my lap for that long--2 yrs old), we dance to music such as California Girls and Single Ladies. Then I put her to bed.

6. Chalk

Chalk Companion

Nov 2, 2010

:thumb: Ground hogs and coyote tremble on Friday evenings if I have had a ruff week.
    There is something therapeutic about ending a vicious coyote and then getting a 30 dollar bounty for its hide.

7. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 2, 2010

What zombie gams do you play? I have both left do dead. Are there any others?

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 2, 2010

Hmmm well I refuse o get only soapbox for this... Let's just say that I rather not harm one of god's creatures when I'm trying to relax. Now zombies on the other hand... :)

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 2, 2010

You can take my squirrels too. They ate all my apples last year.

10. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2010

I pull into the garage and sit and stare for a bit. I blink. I look around. I "oomph" my way out of the car and into the house. I stumble across the kitchen, through the living room, stop off in the bathroom, then find my way into the bedroom, shedding clothes all the way. I grab my clean extra large men's t-shirt, throw it on, and flop down under a downy white comforter. Out. Gone. Deep sleep. Not just a nap, but really zonked out.

Up an hour or so later, feeling refreshed.

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 2, 2010

I come on here for twenty minutes or so.

Then it's homework with the kids, prepping dinner, doing the dishes,more homework, and so on.

12. teach2read10

teach2read10 Companion

Nov 2, 2010

Long Walk

I take my dog for a long walk. The length of the walk is determined by how much the kiddos acted up that day.

13. Chalk

Chalk Companion

Nov 2, 2010

I appreciate your not soapboxing, I also acknowledge and respect your feelings on the matter of hunting. I eat the small varmints or turn them into gravy (UMMM Squirrel gravy and biscuits). I have just for the sake of saying I have tried it, cooked and ate part of a coyote because although I like getting the bounty on them I still prefer to eat what I kill, most decent hunters feel the same way. Oh and coyote tastes like cow not chicken. Do you like meat Peachyness? I intend to have some good fresh dear meat in about three weeks and we will be killing our yearly cow to stock the freezer for winter. Nothing better then fresh :)

Oh I don't mean to sound like an ass, I am sincere, if you like meat I could send you some of the best black Angus or deer you have ever had. Our high school has an agriculture program were the kids are taught how to slaughter and butcher a Cow, we give them two of ours ever year; one for us and the other for the homeless shelter.

As for zombies well, bullets are fun but the chainsaw is better:p

14. Elocin

Elocin Comrade

Nov 2, 2010

As soon as I leave school it is a whirlwind of daycare pickup, dinner, and next day's lunch and dinner prep. Then I play with my girls for awhile before I start counting down the moments til their bedtime. After that, it is usually a book or catching up on some DVRd shows while snuggling with my husband. And there may be a glass of wine involved ;)

15. SoReady2Teach

SoReady2Teach Comrade

Nov 2, 2010

I come in take off my school clothes and put on something comfortable. Then I usually lounge around with my laptop.

16. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 2, 2010

Thanks for the offer, but I'm a vegan. :D

And yes, chainsaws are more fun!

17. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Nov 2, 2010

I bake, sleep, drink wine, watch tv, read and do chores. Mostly do chores. At least if my personal life and home are under control then I feel like I have peace to come home to.

18. jillybean

jillybean Comrade

Nov 3, 2010

I love the Left for Dead games! I also love Planets vs Zombies.

I have also been playing Fable 3.

19. jillybean

jillybean Comrade

Nov 3, 2010

Oh and I love the chainsaw killing!!! (LOL)

20. Chalk

Chalk Companion

Nov 3, 2010

Its silly but I am so tempted to buy a and XBOX just to be able to play Fable 3. I had Fable on my PC years ago and loved it. I never have played 2 and now three looks so awesome.

"sigh" I don't like it when game companies make exclusive games for one system but not another. It always fuels the silly my X is better than your P arguments. I understand why they do it, it would be like Ford making a Mustang for Toyota, but still.... I wanna play fable ;)