What did you do for your spouse or SO for Valentine's Day?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Leatherneck for Life, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Leatherneck for Life

Leatherneck for Life Rookie

Feb 14, 2017

Lana and I see V-Day as a corporate Hallmark holiday. We show our love and appreciation for each other every day of the year, and I come home with flowers once a month. However, I have just prepared her a nice dinner with candles, roses, and wine. Then we're going to watch her favorite movie. The kids are with their babysitter's dad (babysitter is on a date with her... fiance, though I still expect them both to hand in their homework tomorrow :D).

3. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2017

I'm a lot like that first sentence: while I love to have these fun moments throughout the year, having it pigeonholed into specific dates has become more frustrating over the year (especially with Christmas - I'm always so stressed about it, because it's coming off of going 150% into school-related work, and all of the sudden just a few days before). I love doing little surprises throughout the year. I'll still do a card, though, and probably will plan on us going out to eat sometime in the near future (our schedules struggle to align in a good enough fashion).

4. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Feb 14, 2017

We do a little token gift. We usually never go out to eat on the actual day since we don't like crowded restaurants.

We try to do something sweet for each other on a regular basis though.

Leatherneck for Life likes this.
  5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 14, 2017

I left him a card in bed this morning when I got up...I made reservations and paid for dinner...
    He sent me roses to school..

6. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Feb 15, 2017

Gave him some fancy chocolate, and that was about it. He got me some melatonin and beer. LOL. He definitely knows me.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    catnfiddle likes this.
  7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 15, 2017

My hoosband's birthday is on Valentine's Day. I made him a birthday cake and he picked where to have dinner. In addition to his birthday gift, I got him a huge peanut butter chocolate heart. He got me a box of fancy chocolates, because I told him that's all I wanted for Valentine's Day this year. He also got me some beautiful flowers.

8. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Feb 15, 2017

Yesterday just happened to be Tiki Tuesday at our favorite spot for fancy rum drinks, so we hung out at the bar, then went home and watched Forged in Fire. It's what we would have done anyway, but the people watching was more fun than usual.

On the other hand, I stopped at my grocery store to pick up a card for my dad's birthday. Had to go the long way around the card aisle because the seasonal card section was completely jammed with panicked looking men clutching roses and pink teddy bears, searching through the last V-Day cards left on the shelf.

9. TeacherCuriousExplore

TeacherCuriousExplore Comrade

Feb 15, 2017

Well being that we are currently strapped for cash, my fiance brought me some curtains for the new living area and wrote me a beautiful poem. We then ate at Texas Roadhouse after work.

10. Backroads

Backroads Fanatic

Feb 15, 2017

My husband was out of state on business. Later on we're going to make it up with seafood and a movie.

11. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Aficionado

Feb 15, 2017

We went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I had Godiva chocolate cheesecake for dessert. That stuff is to die for!

12. cocobean

cocobean Companion

Feb 15, 2017

We went out for tacos; $1 taco Tuesday! We exchanged small gifts, nothing too fancy
    We have a reservation at a nice restaurant this weekend.