What are you all doing for Christmas holiday/break from school?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mandagap06, Dec 18, 2009.

1. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Dec 18, 2009

Just wondering what you all have planned for Christmas or break from school? I work a 2nd job in retail and my boss is still desiding on if she will give me some days off work. (schedule should be out by tomorrow and I will know). If so I will get to go see my family who lives 3 hrs away. I will live monday and come back prob wed. Those are the days I gave to my boss. Anyway I hope I get off cuz' I did not get to see my family for thanksgiving. :( My sister has a new bf that I get to meet too!! Then after Christmas my sister is comming home for 3 days and bringing her Bf so if I don't get to meet him next week I will then! Anyone have anything more exciting then me to add lol?!?

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 19, 2009

Hanging out with my husband and kids.

4. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Dec 19, 2009

I really would like to sleep late a couple of mornings, it sure wasn't today because I was up at my regular time (What a curse!).

We plan on entertaing family and friends here a lot, especially while we're home. BIL has a great cabin in the woods, we'll spend a weekend there and SIL has a home on the lake so we'll go there too. I'd love to sneak off and see my sister in Dallas. We'll be pretty busy, but I hope to spend several days at home hanging out here on A-Z.

5. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 19, 2009

Today we're leaving to go to New Orleans for a few days to see the Saints game tonight and visit with family.

Then the rest of my family comes here for Christmas.

Then another trip down south for a Saints game.

Then we'll relax that last week.

6. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Dec 19, 2009

We're going to be pretty busy. We have tickets to a football game, tickets to an ice show. Plus my school is doing a fundraiser at Chuck E. Cheese's that I might go to.

I'm taking a grad class, so I'll do some studying & think about what I want my project for the class to be.

I also just became the co-chair for my school's SIP committee, so I'll read up on that.

I hope to do some major cleaning & organizing (how did I get so much stuff?)

I'm getting my hair done today.

My son (13yrs. old) & I are going to make our first gingerbread house. Plus I want to do some baking.

Family time.

Guess I'll be pretty busy.

7. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Dec 19, 2009

Well I need to still enter in all my grades for reportcards so that will happen either today or sunday

I fly home mon spend the holidayswith family and friends

Fly back and get ready for school ( :eek: --I dont want to think about that now though!! )

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 20, 2009

Well, I saw Riverdance today w/ my mom. It was wonderful! That's the only thing I had planned. Everything else I'm just winging it for the break.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 20, 2009

Christmas eve at my sister's house with my whole family. Christmas dinner at my mom and dad's house with my whole family (sensing a theme here?) plus dessert at my house after dinner so everyone can see my tree...
    Day after Christmas we drive 4 hours to upstate NY to BIL's house for my husband's whole family Christmas celebration. We stay over ONE night and drive back.
    Then I'll spend my days reading, relaxing, tea by the fire-yeah, some house and school 'stuff' but mostly just loving being home and cozy. New Years dh and I will go out for a great early dinner -I have reservations at 2 places, both fabulous-one French-American cuisine and the other just lovely delicious sparkling crystal in an historic inn...still deciding which one. Then we'll head home for an evening of board games with our sons and some friends in to ring in the New, watch the ball drop.
    New Years day I'm having brunch for my family.

10. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 20, 2009

Went a visited with my grandparents last night. Will probably clean and organize the house a bit better. Travel to the in laws for Christmas, plus have Christmas the day after Christmas with my dad and sister and her family. Dh wants to re-organize the living room so we'll probably do that after Christmas. We have tickets to go to an ice show so we'll do that sometime next week.

11. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Dec 21, 2009

Well Christmas has changed so much since I was little. We did part of Christmas today, but that was dads side. Idk when we will do moms side. I am 3 hrs got the week(cept for sat) off work. My sister is going to her bfs for Christmas eve. This is really weird cuz she has never done that before. I miss things as it was when we were kids,but the true meaning of Christmas was and still will always be the same. The birth of our Lord and Savior!! Thank you Lord for what you did for us and Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!

12. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Dec 22, 2009

I plan to:
    catch up on sleep
    read, read, read!
    knit, knit, knit!
    wrap my gifts
    bake my cookies
    go to the local tea room with my sister
    spend a day out of school with my co-worker!
    host New Year's Eve-I won 80.00 in catering at a raffle in October. that is what we are using for New Years!
    spend time with my husband and son on their day's off.

13. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Dec 22, 2009

I plan to recover. The last few weeks weren't awful, but they were LOOOOOOOOOONG.

14. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Dec 22, 2009

We're having DH's aunt join us for Christmas dinner, so I've been cleaning and getting the house ready for a visitor. This is the first time we've had someone other than just the two of us for a holiday in ages.

Other than that I've been finishing up my shopping and thinking about the school things I want to do next week between Bowl games.

15. teachsph2008

teachsph2008 Companion

Dec 23, 2009

Finished up shopping yesterday. I was disappointed that my favorite teacher store was closed. But I found another one and picked up a few items.

We're going to do some housework, watch movies, and hopefully relax. I'm sure I'll dabble in some lesson planning even though I'm all set for the next two weeks.

Christmas Day is at parents.

16. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 23, 2009

We haven't done much of anything so far. DH was gone Saturday & Sunday, so I went to work and worked in my classroom most of the day Saturday so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. Sunday was church & visiting with Mom. Monday DH and I helped package and deliver over 500 Christmas meals in the community, and that night we drove to the "big city" and did some shopping . . . carefully avoiding the mall, which had 30 minute waits at the light to get into the parking lot.

I put on my pajamas when I got home on Monday night, and I've still got them on now, and it's almost 1:00 on Wednesday afternoon! Later I have to get out and run to the store to pick up a few last-minute things. Mom doesn't drive, so she needs me to pick up a couple of things for her, too.

We spend Christmas Eve with Mom. Dad died in March, so it's going to be different this year. Mom cooks, and we exchange presents. When we get home, DH and I open the stockings we got for each other, and then we go to DH's mom's house. We're getting to her house in time for bed that night, and then we're staying until Saturday morning. DH's dad died right before Christmas last year, so everything hadn't quite sunk in for them last year. MIL is cooking on Christmas Day . . . she only cooks twice a year, Thanksgiving & Christmas.

DH will be home until Monday, adn then he'll be leaving again. I've a got a girls' night planned for one day, and I may see if Mom wants to go shopping one day as well. Other than that, I'm goign to sit around and do thinks I want to do, like read, work on cross-stitch, and waste time online.

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 23, 2009

I guess I'm going to Christmas Eve dinner w/ my BF to his dad & GF's house. :mellow:

On Christmas Day, we're opening presents & probably doing something fun!

18. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Dec 23, 2009

Grading many, many writing notebooks. :)