Welcome Back Gifts for Teachers

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by repete8, Jun 27, 2005.

1. repete8

repete8 Companion

Feb 17, 2004
    Anyone have any ideas for small gifts to welcome teachers back to school? Trying to think of something for my fellow K teachers and am stuck for ideas.

3. karrie723

karrie723 Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    clipboards with your school name and grade or their name on it. Pens on a lanyard in your school colors. At the end of the year the teachers all got a pen attached to a "caribiner" (Sp?) (it is a big clip)
  4. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

May 8, 2005
    One year, the school got us portfolio binders with the school name on it...the kind that hold a legal pad. I love mine.

On a more personal note, how about an aromatherapy candle in a stress reducing scent? Or bath and body lotion - same idea, a stress reducing scent. BAth and Bodyworks is having a huge sale right now and lots of their spa products are $4-$8 each.
  5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 30, 2001
    Teacher 'Survival Bag' (I got list from Education World website)
    contents could include:

Survivor Kit Ingredients

Life Savers: For when you've had one of those days.

Hershey's Hugs and Kisses: To make everything all worthwhile.

Bath salts: "To take you away." You deserve a quiet break.

Pipe cleaner: Flexibility is important for a successful school year.

Rickrack: Every school year has its ups and downs, but eventually things smooth out.

Matches: For those days when you feel you need to light a fire under your students.

Wiggly eye: Keep an eye on our students to discover how best to help them. (Or, for when you wish you had eyes in the back of your head.)

Jingle bell: Ring for help if you need it. We're here to help one another.

Smiley sticker: Try hard to wear a happy face.

Snowflake: When all else fails, pray for a snow day.

Flower pot: We are here to plant the seeds of knowledge.

Clothespin: Hang in there!

Penny: You are a priceless part of (name of your school.)

Rubber band: To remind you to be flexible. Things might not always go the way you want, but they can be worked out.

Adhesive bandage: To remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else's.

Eraser: To remind you everyone makes mistakes. That's okay, we learn by our errors.

Bubble gum: To remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything.

Pencil: To remind you to list your blessings every day.

Tea bag: To remind you to take time to relax daily and go over that list of blessings.