Weekly homework packet cover sheet

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by Luv2Teaching, May 30, 2011.

1. Luv2Teaching

Luv2Teaching Rookie

May 30, 2011

I was wondering if any of you had a weekly homework packet cover sheet that you would be willing to share! I am assembling packets and am at a loss of how to format the cover sheet! FYI: This will be my first year teaching if I get the job. (I am trying to plan ahead:)

If anyone would be willing to share an entire homework packet example that would be awesome!!

Thanks a ton!!

3. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

May 30, 2011

I just did something basic. My coworker did it all fancy with TONS of stuff on the front page but it was way too overwhelming in my opinion.
    At the top of mine it said "Ms. ______'s Homework Packet"
    underneath it had the date "May 31-June 3" <~~or whatever
    then underneath that I had Monday - (3 things listed--reading log every day then math and a reading/spelling page), Tuesday- , Wednesday- , etc.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 30, 2011

LUV---I think that it depends what you plan to give as homework as well. Will it mostly just be a cover page with ideas of what to do (practice spelling, practice math facts, read, etc)? Or do you plan on providing worksheets for the students to complete?

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 30, 2011

Sent you a PM

6. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

May 30, 2011

I need one as well. I had a sheet that I used, but was looking for something a little creative that they could personalize with some art work. I'll fool with it this summer.

7. Elm512

Elm512 Companion

May 30, 2011

I do a homework calendar. They get one for each month. It's got a little box for each day and the box says what their homework is. It goes in their folder with their homework notebook. They turn it in on Fridays and I give it back on Mondays.

8. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

May 30, 2011

CatiM what types of things do you put on the calendar? And how are the students held accountable for doing the work?

9. Elm512

Elm512 Companion

May 31, 2011

They do the homework in the notebook that's in the folder, so I check it weekly. For the reading, their parents have to write the book/ number of pages read in their agendas. M, W, and F are read 20 min plus spelling contracts. They choose anything off of the spelling contract and do it. I send home a new contract every qtr. Tues and Thurs are math homework based on whatever we're currently doing in Investigations. Hope that helps!!