Was this a good thing or a bad thing? Or somewhere in between?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mmswm, Dec 4, 2014.

1. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 6, 2014

"Very liberal" in this case is very, very relative, mm...

GemStone, the original post indicates that mm's son wasn't the thief, but party #2 in the original conversation about the theft. At least as of the original post, it seems that the teacher didn't know which student had taken the spoon.

2. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 6, 2014

My son wasn't the thief. He was a student in the class that this happened in.

3. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Dec 6, 2014

You can't really do anything about something once it's stolen, so I would probably just forget about it, but my words to the class would be simple and easy to understand and I would possibly dispense with the reference that none of the students probably understood nor took the time to research when they got home.

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Dec 6, 2014

I wouldn't have used that particular movie, mostly because a lot of teens would have started making retching noises at the idea of watching a musical. However, I think it would have been an excellent lesson to say that the thief did more than take a little spoon, but also stole a large piece of the teacher's trust in her students. That would have driven the point home in a much more personal way than asking Colm Wilkinson to say it for her.