Was this a good sign

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Brandylk, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Brandylk

Brandylk Rookie

Jul 11, 2018

I had an interview on Monday. It was supposed to be an interview/demo lesson. I did good on the interview portion and they told me when I should hear something. I asked about the demo lesson and supposedly of the 5 people who went before me, I was the only who had prepared one. I did my lesson and they all seemed impressed. As I was leaving, the principal asked how long I would need to give my current employer a notice and made sure it was before Aug 1. When I walk out, I heard another interviewer say how amazing that was. There were 2 more interviews following me. The timeline was supposed to be today or tomorrow. I haven't heard anything and usually I'll get a rejection before the time given. Just curious why it takes that long to get an answer. Thank you!

3. bella84

bella84 Fanatic

Jul 11, 2018

Often the HR reps have to be the ones to offer you the position. So, even if the principal wants to hire you, he/she has to submit your name to HR first. Then HR does their thing (whatever that is...), and then they call to offer you the job. It could also just be that they are busy. They might know that they are going to offer you the job, but, for them, it's just not as urgent or as big of a priority as it is to you.

It does sound good, based on what you've said. However, it will come down to your competition - those who interviewed after you. Just do your best to remain patient. If you don't hear anything by the end of the week, I think it would be appropriate to follow up with a polite phone call or email on Monday.

4. Aces

Aces Companion

Jul 11, 2018

The other thing I was going to mention was remember for most of us July means summer vacation. So it could be that they're waiting on final approval from someone, waiting for HR to get stuff done on their side, etc. It's very possible someone they're waiting on is out of town (or just not responding to emails because summer). Try to be patient and let the wheels turn. An email or phone call might be appropriate Monday just to check.

5. Brandylk

Brandylk Rookie

Jul 11, 2018

Thank you for your encouraging replies. I've been waiting for four years to get a position and I just got too excited about the positive vibes from this interview.

6. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2018

Four years?! Wow, that’s dedication. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get the position. Good luck to you!

7. Brandylk

Brandylk Rookie

Jul 12, 2018

I didn't get it. Thank you for your encouraging words though.

8. bella84

bella84 Fanatic

Jul 12, 2018

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your future prospects.

9. Aces

Aces Companion

Jul 12, 2018

Sorry to hear mate. Better luck next time.