I currently work at a charter middle school. This is my 2nd year here, but my first year as a classroom teacher. I am wanting to look for a new job for the upcoming school year for a few reasons. I currently drive an hour (longer if traffic is bad) to and from work, the pay is much lower than at a public school, and I really have no say in what I teach (my lessons are planned for me and I really don't have much say if I don't like the lesson). Here is my worry... at my school, we are given contracts for the upcoming school year in March that we have a deadline to when it needs to be turned in but many schools in my state/area don't even start posting openings until may or june. I am worried about either not signing my contract but then not being able to get hire elsewhere so I don't have a job or health care or signing my contract, continuing to look for a job, get hired, and then decided to break my contract. So pretty much what do I do! I haven't been in this position seeing as this is my 3rd year in education. Thank you!!