Want to transfer to another school in district

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by WannaTeach, Jul 1, 2007.

1. WannaTeach

WannaTeach Companion

Jul 1, 2007

How is the best way to word a letter of interest to other schools in my district? I want to transfer to another school. Should I send a letter plus my resume? Do I need to give a specific reason for why I want to transfer? Thanks !

3. biiiidy

biiiidy Rookie

Jul 1, 2007

Talk to your union rep. He/she should have some good advice in terms of the best route to take...

good luck!!!

4. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 1, 2007

In our school district you just had to write a letter of interest to HR. Resumes weren't necessary since they already had a whole file on you. I think it's good to give your current principal a reason of some sort. Good advice to talk to your union rep, or even someone else whose done a transfer in that district.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 1, 2007

In our district you would send a letter of interest to the principal at the school where you want to teach.

6. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jul 1, 2007

I see your in NC, and the county I work for in NC wont allow you to transfer unless your principal signs a transfer letter. If your county doesn't do that then I would let the school know you are interested in a position they have posted. I would send your resume, but I wouldn't tell them why you want to move unless they ask. They probably will ask you why but just wait for that.