Visionary, Creative New Approach To The Curriculum Structure Of Public Education

Discussion in 'General Education' started by jetbug12, Aug 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetbug12

jetbug12 Rookie

Aug 16, 2017

Over the past several years, I have conceived and developed an entirely new, thought provoking approach to research and analyze a method of restructuring the basic education process from pre-school through graduate school. This method is not intuitively logical but rather requires the individual analyzing the prospective process to walk through each step that I did and potentially arrive at the same conclusion I have.
    All questions, criticisms and challenges to the proposed approach are very welcome and encouraged. My ultimate goal is to connect with enough interested parties to build an interest in this approach and bring it forward into educational research so that it will be used in educational systems worldwide.

3. bella84

bella84 Fanatic

Aug 16, 2017

So, what is the approach?

Caesar753 and anon55 like this.
  4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2017

Interesting first post.

5. anon55

anon55 Comrade

Aug 16, 2017

What's the approach dude?

6. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2017

Pretty sure this is an invitation to a cult or a timeshare workshop.

anon55, teacherintexas and Caesar753 like this.
  7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2017

:rofl::rofl::rofl::toofunny:

anon55 and Caesar753 like this.
  8. jetbug12

jetbug12 Rookie

Aug 17, 2017

Thanks to all for your interest. First and foremost, there is absolutely zero promotional or profit motivation involved in this forum. The intention is to explore, critique and develop the concept using as much input and analysis as possible from as many professional educators as possible.

All questions asked here will prompt many more questions from me to the forum (sorry, just follow me). The best analogy I can make is that you and I are in an intense deep forest, a thousand miles from safety, I am running ten feet ahead of you but I know exactly where I'm going!

Here we go!

The first buy-in to begin analysis here is to agree to take yourself back, temporarily remove any and all preconceptions about education, about society, about the current human condition, remove all prejudices, or opinions or viewpoints, think basic, think square one.

OK, now, my next post will ask the most though provoking question anyone has ever asked and
    I will get a lot of answers and will fine tune the question and give hints until someone finally gets it right.

I don't mean to be dramatic and am not playing any games, but as I indicated in the initial post, it is critical to follow this logical train of thought in excruciating detail or it will be like looking at a handful of jigsaw puzzle pieces from a mural sized mosaic jigsaw puzzle, it won't make any sense.

Are you ready?

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 17, 2017

Not really.

nstructor and bella84 like this.
  10. jetbug12

jetbug12 Rookie

Aug 17, 2017

Why not?

11. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2017

[​IMG]

bella84 likes this.
  12. ms.irene

ms.irene Groupie

Aug 17, 2017

I'm ready!

Start running!

Will you yell if there's a branch or tree root?

Can I use the flashlight app on my phone?

Will there be snacks?

anon55 likes this.
  13. jetbug12

jetbug12 Rookie

Aug 17, 2017

Now that's the spirit! More to follow in the morning................thanks for your courage, interest and
    humor!!!

14. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2017

So, basically, you have reinvented the wheel and you want us to be excited about it?

15. ms.irene

ms.irene Groupie

Aug 17, 2017

I have an inhaler. Can I use this, or will I need a doctor's note?

anon55 likes this.
  16. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2017

It is a game.

And you are not ten feet ahead of anyone here who is at the top of their 'game', making a difference for kids daily. I have no time for shenanigans, quite frankly.

anon55, vickilyn, Caesar753 and 3 others like this.
  17. jetbug12

jetbug12 Rookie

Aug 18, 2017

Thanks for your responses. As I indicated all challenges (and cute humor) are welcomed and encouraged.

No wheel is being reinvented here, just a better, more perfectly round, faster and more efficient wheel than ever before! And this is not about me, I will glean no benefit from advancing this concept than the satisfaction of getting things started. The deployment and rollout of the concept and its eventual benefit to the educational curriculum will take years and generations, that will become more evident as we explore the concept.

The ten feet ahead analogy is merely a metaphor and relates to the explanation of this particular concept and is not a slight against any professional educator or education enthusiast, my daughter is a tenured elementary educator who was just made the principal of her elementary school. I have nothing but the utmost respect for educators and their daily, weekly and monthly challenges to be responsible to the precious students whose lives they are shaping, not to mention their parents who can sometimes be the even bigger challenge! Frankly, no games, no shenanigans, please stay with me on this.

18. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2017

Are you going to share it or not? The more you drag it out, the more credibility you lose.

anon55, bella84 and Upsadaisy like this.
  19. jetbug12

jetbug12 Rookie

Aug 18, 2017

There are shared two commonalties that permeate all of existence, in all life forms, human and mineral. They have always existed, exist today and always will exist. They are not biological or physical, but rather behavioral. The exploitation and application of these two commonalities and making them a foundation of how we function in our daily lives and eventual implication in the education process are limitless. Hint: if you are reading this post, you did something 1,458.33 times in the past hour that is in direct correlation with these commonalities.

What are these commonalties?

20. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2017

[​IMG]

I'm out.

bella84 and a2z like this.
  21. a2z

a2z Phenom

Aug 18, 2017

Experiment to see how language will keep people holding on and engaged? Not for me. I do think it is a bit over-the-top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.