Video of me floating through kid social media!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by RussianBlueMommy, May 9, 2018.

1. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

May 9, 2018

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if this had ever happened to you and what you could do about it... if anything.

One of the students in class today (a frequent principal office visitor) showed me a video that another kid took of me sleeping in the parking lot of a restaurant waiting for my husband to get off work. It is making rounds to social media, Facebook, snap chat, everything. I am LIVID and I am not sure what to do. The principal, even the school resource officer told me we can't control things that happen outside of school.

I get that this was a public area, but my gosh! What a disrespectful evil little thing to do!!

3. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

May 9, 2018

This is cyber bullying, no? What do others think? I would think school can indeed do something about cyber bullying. And should.

4. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

May 10, 2018

If there is a way to pinpoint where the origin was then maybe, but our state is a one party consent state

5. Hokiegrad1993

Hokiegrad1993 Comrade

May 10, 2018

What was the intent? Yes embarrassing but was it kids being stupid thinking "Hey there is our teacher sleeping!" or was it malicious?

Leaborb192 likes this.
  6. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

May 10, 2018

Depends on the kid of origin..

Leaborb192 likes this.
  7. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

May 10, 2018

WOW one of the 4th graders saw me coming out of a liquor store... I thank GOD he didn't have a phone and social media account. Though I can imagine if they made it a meme and what it would say. He told me one day when I subbing. He said, "I saw you coming out of 'name of liquor store''' as he was in the car with in the parking lot with his mom. As soon as he said the name of the store, I was like "Ok, it's time to go'' and sent him back to class.
    :rofl:

8. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

May 10, 2018

When you say you were sleeping in the parking lot...were you sleeping in the car? Or where were you sleeping? Regardless, how incredibly humiliating.

Last year, a student said to me, "Hey, Mr. _____. I didn't know you're gay. You used to date my cousin (insert name) a long time ago." I ended up laughing when she added, "You should see how fat he is now! You wouldn't even recognize him!" So hilarious!

otterpop and futuremathsprof like this.
  9. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

May 10, 2018

I get off work at 3115... hubby gets off at 4 and doesn’t drive, so I drive to his work and usually get a 15-20 minute doze in my car lol

10. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

May 10, 2018

Pfft, lol! I feel bad for laughing.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Aficionado

May 14, 2018

Even if you weren't videoed I think it's an incredibly bad idea to fall asleep in your car in a parking lot. Bring a book next time and stay awake!

ms.irene likes this.
  12. Kindergally

Kindergally Rookie

May 17, 2018

I used to love sleeping in my car when I had a few minutes to spare between leaving school and grad class starting. The car had heated seats and felt amazing on my back after standing all day. Add in some music and a small crack in the windows and it was like heaven. (Doors always locked, of course).

13. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

May 17, 2018

Yes this! I definitely need my afternoon 15 minute power nap