Veterans Day Activities

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by TampaTeacher, Nov 3, 2007.

1. TampaTeacher

TampaTeacher Comrade

Nov 3, 2007

Hi!
    Does anyone have a favorite Veterans Day lesson? I'm already planning to have kids write letters to servicemen and women stationed in Iraq, and the school has scheduled a ceremony with speakers. However, we'll be celebrating the holiday all week, and I'd love some other suggestions.

Thanks!

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Nov 3, 2007

Do you have a base in your area to contact? I smell a service project if you do. They have all kinds of stuff set up so that people can come in and do all kinds of things to volunteer their time and have things sent to the troops.

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Nov 4, 2007

One year we researched the history behind the national anthem.

5. kelbel7583

kelbel7583 Rookie

Nov 4, 2007

Read Aloud the book called "America's White Table". The book focuses on a veteran who is coming over for dinner. The family wants to honor the veteran and does so by setting up the historic empty white table. Then, we will set up a white table in front of our classroom. Our school also creates a Veteran's Day Wall lisitng community figures service and their relationship to each child.

6. alius

alius New Member

Sep 23, 2011

Veterans Day 2011

For more info related Veterans Day 2011, Quotes, Poems, Celebrations, Activities and many more visit altiusdirtectory

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 23, 2011

This is an OLD THREAD! And the site referenced in the above post seems to be misspelled...try altius directory.