vacation/[puppy

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kimrandy1, Aug 6, 2011.

1. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2011

We leave tomorrow on an 8 day cruise. I'm really excited, although it is a LOT of work to plan for and pack for a family of 5 to be gone for a week.

In June, we got a Goldendoodle puppy and I am in total love with her. She's now almost 4 months old and she's adorable and naughty and has a lot of spunk. :wub::wub:

My mom is going to dog-sit (we also have a 3 year old dog, and our almost-16 year old was put down last week). I am already sad at the thought of leaving my puppy at my mom's for the week. I know she'll be fine, and my mom loves her almost as much as I do, but I'm just going to miss her terribly.

I feel a little ridiculous. I didn't really feel this way when taking my babies to daycare for the first time!!! (BTW, my oldest is almost 13 and I STILL haven't left them overnight with anyone else, lol. Maybe this is why!)

Kim

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2011

I couldn't and wouldn't do it...no way. So I understand you're sad knowing you won't see her for such a long time. But have fun on your cruise!

4. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Aug 6, 2011

My mom dog-sits for us (we have a 5 yo Boxer) when we go out of town or on vacation. And my husband and I both feel guilty the whole time. Our son is 3.5 and he only stays with his grandparents, and even that I've only allowed for like a year.

It's always hard!

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 7, 2011

That's so great that you have a trusted adult to watch your dog. So far, when I've travelled, the person I trust the most (w/ my dog) is travelling w/ me & the next trusted person can't watch my dog, so I've fortunately found a pretty good boarding place that I Iike.

6. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 7, 2011

I love my dog, but she hates people! Such a pain. Therefore, we have a friend come in & water the plants, feed the fish & cat. The dog we board at the vets.

7. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 7, 2011

awww I totally understand but you will be that much more excited when you pick her up. Where is your cruise going to sail to? Have a great time!

8. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Aug 7, 2011

When we were gone for a week in June I complained about how much I missed our two pups!

We don't have any family (besides the daughters who were with us!) who could handle two large dogs, so we boarded them and signed them up for doggie day camp during the day!

9. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Aug 7, 2011

Leave her an old t-shirt of yours with your smell on it so she can comfort herself and she will know you are coming back.