Upcoming Computer Chaos?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Obadiah, May 14, 2017.

1. Obadiah

Obadiah Cohort

May 14, 2017

Yesterday's paper reported on a worldwide computer hack, up to 100 countries last I heard. A couple of weeks ago while driving I heard on the radio that companies are currently developing the next computerized advancement: contact lens computers. You control the computer by clicking in mid air with your hand. This morning my mind advanced to the future. All students are now learning through virtual contact lens reality in the classroom, but oh, no! School is canceled for the day. Everyone's contact lenses have been hacked! :eek:

3. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

May 14, 2017

Lol. Every new system will probably be susceptible to hacks, unless they use airtight security protocols, which no one ever does because of the human element in the equation.

Someone in a different thread said that there would be no more teachers because they would all learn through virtual reality. I don't think that would happen because then the kids would have to be at home all day, and that would drive their parents crazy. LOL. Also things like online classes and such actually require MORE self-discipline to stay engaged and working than just learning from a teacher in a classroom.

Obadiah likes this.