UNsuccessful practicum, still accepted into OCT?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by yasmeenxox, Feb 8, 2013.

1. yasmeenxox

yasmeenxox New Member

Feb 8, 2013

Hi everyone, I have a question in terms of applying my teachers certificate in Ontario. The question is will my application be rejected if I failed my practicum for teacher education even though I have my Bachelors of Education from the same university?
    I also checked my transcript from my university and my practicum grade simply states "P3" which gives me the percentage of 60-68. (This is not a failing grade but it could be considered as a low/poor grade by the OCT)
    Secondly, on my transcript it also states "requirements completed for Bachelor of Education." which makes things even more confusing...can I get the teacher's certificate or not?
    Is there anyone with a similar experience? someone who didnt have a successful practicum yet was accepted into Ontario Teachers College?

3. yasmeenxox

yasmeenxox New Member

Feb 10, 2013

to clear things up a little more...

actually, I don't even know if I had an unsuccessful practicum, but I was told by my coordinator that I needed more experience with teaching...when I checked my transcript it didn't state that I failed, but I did get a low score. furthermore I do want to repeat my practicum but my coordinators I can not repeat because the university faculty believes that the university's name would be in jeopardy if they continued to send incompetent teacher candidates to various schools...its been 7 years since I graduated from teachers college and since then I have been gaining plenty of teaching experince overseas but I still feel intimidated to teach in Ontario even though I have my B.ed. I rather teach in a country where teaching is a less stressful career. However, in some countries a teachers certificate is still a must. Back to the big question...can I get my OCT license 7 years after my graduation and can they reject me with my past teaching experience?