TY note from a teacher to a teacher

Discussion in 'General Education' started by readwithme, May 28, 2019.

1. readwithme

readwithme Rookie

May 28, 2019

I was a push in teacher for the first time this school year. I would like to send a TY note to the host teachers. My experience in the classroom varied from interesting to wonderful. I would like to send a sincere and encouraging TY to ALL teachers.

What would you like to hear as a host to a push-in teacher? Any suggestions for this tired brain would be greatly appreciated.

3. readingrules12

readingrules12 Fanatic

May 31, 2019

Compliments that are specific. Things like you are awesome, you are great...sound like flattery. Specific honest compliments about your experience will be welcome by teachers.

I think it is great that you are sending a TY note.

4. readwithme

readwithme Rookie

May 31, 2019

This took more thought than I realized it was going to take. I tried to make each one individualized.

Here are some of the positive things I tried to insert

-Your room offers a quiet tranquil environment. This peaceful setting is the perfect launching point for students to begin their education.
    - I was so grateful for your hospitality and friendly acceptance of us into your class. Change is difficult sometimes but you handled it like a professional.
    -You had quite an interesting mix of students this year and you handled them like a professional. Kudos to you for your patience. You have helped many mature and ready themselves for 3rd grade (Minus the one who hit me with the spitball today! LOL MAN did she have great aim!) My favorite part was watching you hand out the bookmarks and reminding the students that you want them ALL back.
    - I did not want any more time to pass without letting you know I think your ability to juggle several things while maintaining control of the classrooms is extraordinary. I really admire your teaching style and enthusiasm for your students. I love how you advocate for your student's needs. I think the favorite part of being in your classroom was watching your students dive into the Daily 5 activities you provided for them.
    -
    -Teachers rarely get the credit they deserve for all their hard work, compassion and professionalism. I wanted to make sure you knew how much I admire your teaching style and methodology. My favorite part of coming to your room was seeing the children sitting on the carpet waiting for your instructions. Your class was so lucky to have you.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 31, 2019

These are amazing! You are so thoughtful to take the time to do this!

6. readwithme

readwithme Rookie

Jun 1, 2019

@MrsC TY It was recommended to me by another seasoned teacher. It is very easy to say to write a thank you note but actually sitting down to write was more difficult.

MrsC likes this.