So, this will be my second year teaching. I bid on a job that wouldn't have been my first choice because it would take me about 35 minutes of back roads to drive though. I ended up getting the job. I had the "take what I could get" mindset at the time. I ended up having a wonderful year due to the fact that I developed a really close bond with the other 5th Grade teacher, which is something that I hear is rare to achieve. If I look at the big picture, that's probably the only upside to staying at the school long-term. My main issue is obviously the drive. I don't see myself driving that for multiple snowy years in a row. The administration is also questionable. My lesson plans were not checked one time last year, and I only saw my principal maybe a few times a month. A job came available a week ago, and I was told that I have a great change of getting it since I've subbed there the year prior, and there weren't many applicants due to the school year starting on Monday. It's very close to where I live, I would still teach the same grade, I'm familiar with the building, and one of my best friends actually works there. I just feel incredibly guilty about everything. I won't know if I get to the job until Wednesday, and the first day of school is Monday. If I were to get the job, I would have to continue teaching at my current job for approximately a week due to board meetings that are only held twice a month. How do you tell your co-workers? Principal? If I were to get it, do I wait until it's official to tell my principal? That would mean I'd tell her and move out the same day. How do you even start that conversation? I sound a little bit like a coward right now, but I just feel awkward about it all. I do plan on telling the other 5th Grade teacher on Monday, as she has suggested carpooling to work every week. I know she'll completely understand, but it's just upsetting. Due to the fact that my principal was MIA for the majority of the year, she taught me so so much. It's definitely made my choice a lot harder, but I know at the end of the day that the both of us won't be working together forever. If you take that out of the equation, it's a no brainer on what to do.