TPA's 3 and 4

Discussion in 'General Education' started by abenavides, Nov 7, 2011.

1. abenavides

abenavides New Member

Nov 7, 2011

These are the last two things I need to do before I finish my credential. Are there any places you've seen that have samples of the two completed? I have searched EVERYWHERE and I can't find anything! Please, any help would be greatly appreciated! If anyone has any TPAs finished that they could send my way, my e-mail is stubbornlittlegirl@yahoo.com I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you:)

3. JustMe

JustMe Guru

Nov 7, 2011

I don't know what a TPA is. Should your professors be able to help?

4. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2011

TPAs are part of the CA credential program. Sorry, I got mine long before they invented this particular hoop for you to jump through. I agree; get guidance from your professors--that's what they're there for, isn't it?

5. a2z

a2z Phenom

Nov 8, 2011

I also say, talk to your professor. While they don't have TPA's in my state, I searched to find out exactly what they looked like and what was expected. What I can say is that I understand why you can't find "samples" out there because a good answer would be the answers to the assessment... I expect they want to see how you answer fill out the assessment and present for TPA4, not how well you can mimic and copy someone else because the fact of the matter is most of the time you will be on your own in the classroom. This isn't like a Praxis.

Good luck. I wish you well.

6. KateL

KateL Habitué

Nov 8, 2011

When I did the TPAs, my professors had all of us share our drafts with each other, so that we could see how other students were approaching the answers and we could help each other write more clearly. Are your professors not doing this?

7. Purofhappienss

Purofhappienss Rookie

Nov 21, 2011

I have just passed TPA 3. It is about differential assessments. You have to make adaptations and accommodations in the assessments, collect students' work, analyze it and then reflect what could you have done differently.

8. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Aficionado

Nov 22, 2011

based on what I remember from a year ago, in TPA 3 i planned and taught a lesson, collected their work and analyzed it. I remember i was teaching 5 paragraph essays, so I had quite a lot of documents from each student, evidence of brainstorming, rough draft, edit/ revision, final draft, my instructions, rubric, etc. And of course the lesson plan.
    It seemed like a lot of work, but it was something that i was teaching anyways, i just had to do a little extra work.

For TPA 4 it was the same thing, but now besides student work, (all of the above) i also had to video tape the lesson.

I think for both i had to choose 5 focus students, and submit all their work, but still had to analyze the entire class.

You don't necessarily need to see samples, this way no one is confusing you and you are doing your won thing. I never got to see any samples, and i passed just fin./ Good luck!

Give yourself enough time, otherwise it can get stressful!

9. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Nov 22, 2011

ooh, I'm reporting you to the mods for using FOUL language!! TPA is a foul, offensive word!!!