Thoughts, please?

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Zelda~*, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Sep 24, 2010

There is a big fuss at work right now. Our supervisor is bringing in a consultant to view our classrooms for an hour next week.

Then in late October we are having an inservice day that all teachers and aides are required to attend. And, that means they want ALL SUBS in our special education classrooms for an entire day. :dizzy:

First of all, no one will even tell us what this is all about. We have no idea what they are looking for, at, why, etc.

Secondly, am I alone in thinking it is insane to put all subs in a special needs classroom when all the abled bodied teachers and staff are alive and well? :confused:

What do you guys think?

3. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 25, 2010

The consultant might be there for a positive reason. Might be from another school district to see how your classes operate.

The all day in-service is rather ludicrous though. They should at least have a separate one for the teachers and the aides, so the students can have SOME familiar faces

4. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Sep 25, 2010

See, that's what I (and my co-workers) have been thinking. The kiddos need some stability. I mean, if we're all ill in January with the flu--that's one thing. This just seems silly to me.

5. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Sep 26, 2010

They're going to have an all-day inservice on a school day!?? WEIRD! Let us know what this was all about, okay? That seems very odd to me...

6. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Sep 26, 2010

This is going to cost them money in sub days so why don't they just pay you guys to come a day on the weekend or a couple of days after school if this is a needed inservice? I'm guessing that the inservice is something they need to legally cover their butts.

7. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 26, 2010

Yeah, has the school had lost any Due Process hearings in the past year or so?

Or are any certifications expiring? (CPR, Restraint, etc.)

8. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Sep 26, 2010

They are going to need--get ready for this---14 subs for just my school.

No one will tell us what it is about yet, but there are rumors it is about a legal issue involving another teacher. We are all really confused and worried.

I'll keep you guys updated!

9. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 26, 2010

Definitely sounds like a parent filed a complaint or something like that.

10. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Sep 28, 2010

Update:

Turns out they just wanted to see what areas we need to focus on to create a comprehensive staff inservice. *whew*

I'm apparently good at giving praise/reinforcements, lol. Good to know, I guess! :D