Things your SO does that annoy you...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Master Pre-K, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Apr 6, 2018

Hi all..

I am struggling with what I feel is a real issue in my relationship. My guy is in his mid 50’s. We’ve been together going on 5 yrs. I’m five years older than him.

For the life of me, I can’t understand why a grown man wants to watch wrestlemania!! It drives me insane. He goes in the other room, but still it bothers me. Especially bothers me when I see the X-rated dressed women slaming each other around!

He says it’s a soap opera. It’s harmless. Nobody gets hurt. Okay...What’s the point? I feel it’s immature and the women wrestlers are degrading and disturbing to watch.

Comments anyone??

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 6, 2018

Honestly, I think it's quite harmless. And he does watch it in a different room, I assume so as not to annoy you?

Hokiegrad1993 likes this.
  4. rpan

rpan Comrade

Apr 6, 2018

I personally love it. It’s mindless entertainment that pretty harmless. There are much bigger vices so to speak.

5. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Groupie

Apr 6, 2018

I don’t have a SO, never have had one, and won’t ever have one. Romance grosses me out. Zero problems, lol! :p

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 6, 2018

Right now? I have been waiting for Rockhubby to get ready to head out to a party. It's been almost an hour of waiting. This isn't the first time he's done this, and it's even odds that he'll decide eventually that he doesn't want to go, but he'll tell me too late to go by myself.

Master Pre-K likes this.
  7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Phenom

Apr 6, 2018

My DH is pretty amazing, I'll have to say.

Now, my EX was basically one big annoyance.

Master Pre-K and futuremathsprof like this.
  8. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Groupie

Apr 6, 2018

Hahaha!

9. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Apr 6, 2018

Classic stuff there....."Oh, it's so late, I can't find anything to wear, I don't feel good now. Why not just go without me?"

Just tell me you don't want to go!!! o_O

10. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Apr 6, 2018

And thus...he is the EX. They are good for possible social security checks. :rolleyes:

11. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Apr 6, 2018

Ok Swansong1 and rpan,

Is it really harmless if you know your sweetie does not like violence, and you know they feel it's degrading to women? To me, violence is violence any day of the week - real or acting. He can watch hours of blood and guts movies, (yeah - I don't care for those either), but the women punching each other while wearing bikinis - what's up with that?

12. rpan

rpan Comrade

Apr 7, 2018

My SO plays computer games even though I hate it. But as long as it doesn’t impact on our time together I pretend it doesn’t happen. I tell myself that at least he’s not gambling the house away or something. I keep my sanity that way.

13. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2018

I'll play devil's advocate here. Those women feel that they are participating in a sport, so they don't feel they are being degraded. What's the difference watching women fight in bikinis or watching men fight in speedos? I don't care for violence, either, but I'm not going to dictate to my husband what he is "allowed" to watch. If he enjoys the silliness of watching women fight in bikinis, and I don't have to watch, I don't care.

14. JimG

JimG Companion

Apr 7, 2018

Never mind, disregard.

15. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 7, 2018

UPDATE: We wound up getting to the party almost three hours late. A lot of our friends were already gone but we still had a good time. Got home and watched the US Men's Curling Team surprise everyone and make it into the qualifying round against Canada. Today's grumble will be getting him to leave the house to do ANYTHING today.

16. vickilyn

vickilyn Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2018

In a day and age where endless commercials feature women in skimpy underwear, not to mention many programs that do the same, women wrestling in the same doesn't seem much different than watching many of the Olympic events that are strenuous with often even skimpier "uniforms." I can't get annoyed about that - neither my husband or I would be asked to participate in such "costumes" so more power to those who can pull it off. Wouldn't bother me at all, except for the fake nature of the event - that I would be more concerned with from a mental state, but even that wouldn't bother me. We all need down time.

Getting to a party three hours late - yeah, maybe a little miffed, unless, like cat, I had already chalked it off, which made it a pleasant surprise!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  17. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Phenom

Apr 7, 2018

Nope. Not even for that. First of all, he didn't work. Second of all, Kentucky teachers can't get SS with our pensions.

Because we had been married for more than 10 years, he could have gotten part of MY pension, but we took care of that nonsense up front.

18. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2018

I like how you think!

19. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Apr 8, 2018

You have to tell him the party starts 3 hours early.

By the time you get out the house, you'll be right on time.

20. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Apr 8, 2018

I think my real concern is ....I'll be Dr. Phil, you only do something because it works for you. You like violence, you think it's okay. I don't see it as harmless. Wrestling and boxing as sport - that's different. It has a beginning and an end. You stop when somebody is knocked out or lands x amount of punches. You pay for the big fight and it's over. This is totally different from football, basketball and any other sport on the planet. Because in my mind, it's not a sport. They are pretending to harm each other, with full fledged sound effects. And, what really irritates me is he videotapes this madness and watches it every single night. Really?? I had zillons of preschoolers grabbing their pants and throwing chairs at kids before I realized they were mimicking these shows.

His concession is to use headphones so I don't have to listen to the piercing shrieks and agonizing screams.

I suppose...he's trying

But then he starts acting like these idiots...

"Come here and give me a hug dammit!"

Not funny. Not attractive, that is not loving at all...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Aficionado

Apr 9, 2018

We don't have tv to watch but my hubby watches these Youtube videos where people fix things. Also, there's one where this guy buys random junk on Amazon then reviews the stuff. The things are so ridiculous!! I have to go into the other room when he watches that stuff.