There Was an Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid Of Anything At All activities/lesson plans

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by sunnydaze, Oct 21, 2009.

1. sunnydaze

sunnydaze Rookie

Oct 21, 2009

I am looking for K, 1, 2nd and 3rd grade activities/reading lesson plans for the book. I pull out of the classroom for reading and have read the book this week to all my young ones and had the older ones choral read the book. They LOVE it and I want to expand, but I can't find anything! I would be grateful for any suggestions.

3. stillkickin

stillkickin Rookie

Oct 21, 2009

Idea

I just read this book to my K class today. It's one of my favorites. I was trying to remember the activity I came up with years ago for 1st Grade. As I recall, I made a little book for them to put together. I gave them outlines of the shoes, pants, shirt, etc. to cut out and paste on each page over the words of the actions each performed... "The two ________ went
    clomp, clomp." They had to cut and paste the correct item to go with the words and put the pages in the order found in the story. This gives them something they can take home and read to parents and is an example of sequencing.

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Oct 21, 2009

5. sunnydaze

sunnydaze Rookie

Oct 21, 2009

Thanks ladies, I am going to try these ideas. I can't believe how all grades K-3 loved the story. My 3rd graders were into it just as much as my babies in Kindergarten!