The Westing Game: Ideas and/or Resources?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teachgrade5, Oct 29, 2010.

1. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Oct 29, 2010

I am going to have one of my reading groups read The Westing Game. I am currently reading it myself, and I think it is an interesting book, but I am worried about my students becoming confused as they read as it has lots of twists and turns. It also jumps from character to character. Does anyone have any suggestions when they used this book with their class? I will be having 6 students read the book. Thanks!

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Aficionado

Oct 29, 2010

This is such a fun book! I have not had my students read it but if you google "the westing game lesson plans" you will find a ton of ideas. There is one interactive website that has descriptions of all the characters. Try this one http://ethemes.missouri.edu/themes/1489 and I know there area lot more out there.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Oct 29, 2010

I have my students keep character journals throughout. This way they can add any important information in their character journals about each character.

We also keep a clue log in mini notebooks. The students write down any clues that they find as they read and keep all these in their notebook to refer to often throughout the reading.