The Rescue of the Kids and Coach in Thai Cave Has Begun

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by Obadiah, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Obadiah

Obadiah Groupie

Jul 8, 2018

To update all readers on the situation, 12 members of a youth soccer team and their coach are trapped in a cave in Thailand that flooded during a rainstorm. Rescuers amazingly found them and have been sending medical aide, food, and water to them. Divers who have reached them are expert divers from Thailand and around the world, and the experts have described the dive through the water as the most challenging they've ever encountered, a 5 1/2-6 hour dive both ways, in total darkness at times, and through narrow passages where they must remove their oxygen temporarily. Earlier, one Thai SEAL died during the effort. The dive is described as one that only experienced divers would even attempt. Rescuers have explored all possible options for the rescue, but diving out of the cave seems to be the only method of rescuing the team, so they have been teaching the kids and the coach how to scuba dive; (some of the kids have never even swam before). Due to life threatening weather that will probably completely fill the cave section where they are, the rescuers, last night (my time zone) have begun the process of bringing each kid and the adult out by scuba diving, one expert per person. The divers, as of this morning (my time zone) have reached the team. Because this is a 5 1/2 hour dive, for the entire team to leave the cave one at a time will take several days. Prior to being found, the team spent 9 days without food, so some are still recovering from malnourishment. I've been praying for their safety.

CherryOak likes this.
  3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 8, 2018

I'm watching live updates and praying that they are able to get everyone out safely.

4. Obadiah

Obadiah Groupie

Jul 9, 2018

As of my writing this morning, 5 boys have been successfully rescued. A correction to my original post, further news reports indicated that each individual rescue involves a team of rescuers. A physician is deciding which boys go first. Again, they are still racing against time, but they also are moving with appropriate caution. Still praying for all to be rescued.

Upsadaisy likes this.
  5. Obadiah

Obadiah Groupie

Jul 10, 2018

10 rescued! 3 more to go!

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2018

All out safely! I started my road trip today and spent almost 11 hours driving; every time I stopped, I had to check Twitter to see the latest news.