The Next Step?

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Alyssa20, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Alyssa20

Alyssa20 Rookie

Dec 14, 2017

I had an interview yesterday for an internship for the 2018-2019 school year (starting August). Overall, I felt confident and that the interview went well. I answered all questions detailed, and the interviewer smiled and made a lot of eye contact with me. However, this wasn't an ordinary interview. It was held in a big open room, and there was a long table with multiple people getting interviewed at once. The person sitting next to me was also being interviewed by another person. Despite feeling confident that I did well, there was no mention of the next step or when I should hear back. Is this normal? I should mention too, that it was a job fair. I had to pre-register on Edjoin to have my interview scheduled (if that makes a difference).

3. LindaK

LindaK Rookie

Jan 8, 2018

Suzanne Capek Tingley is a veteran educator who's written about what school administrators look for in a teacher candidate--google her article "What I look for in a Teacher Candidate: Tips for Success" to see if you hit these points in your interview and for the next interview, prepare by reading Otis Kriegel's advice (he's also a teacher) on "How to Nail Your First Teaching Job Interview and Demonstration Lesson." Hope those help. Good luck!

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jan 8, 2018

Is the internship unpaid? If so, I’d say your more likely to get it because less people will apply.