That one class...

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by smilingteacher, Oct 3, 2018.

1. smilingteacher

smilingteacher Rookie

Oct 3, 2018

Every year I always have that one class that seems to be a big thorn in my side. Over the years I have learned how to work with them. This year I have a group of girls that just seem to not like me. I can just see it in their faces. It got so bad that they went to admin. I will deal with that issue. Any suggestions or advice on working with a class that just does not get along with you?

I am putting all the energy and time I can with this class but it seems it is never enough.

3. rpan

rpan Cohort

Oct 4, 2018

The girls don’t have to like you, they just have to show you respect and listen to your instructions. It could be so many reasons why they don’t like you, but I don’t think it matters really.

4. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Nov 3, 2018

I had a class like that last year, but the problem was with the boys. Find a simple behavior management system. Post it on the wall, notify parents, and then follow through every time. It's hard to do but dedicated practice will yield results!

5. Milsey

Milsey Habitué

Nov 11, 2018

Try separating the class into quadrants; put one girl in each one. Have individual conference if one gets out of line.